Sometimes these days it is hard to believe that our life two years ago was all we knew of parenting and family and Vivian. Because these days are so different.
Those days were beautiful, but hard. (Sometimes so. very. hard.) Those days were filled with an overwhelming amount of anxiety - creating an overwhelming need to stay in the moment. The alternative was to drown in the unknown.
These days are beautiful, and sometimes still hard. These days we laugh lightly and heartily, experience fully and really, truly enjoy. These days we talk and listen, observe and take it all in, step and stumble and make messes. Sometimes these days I forget and take these little things for granted. But mostly these days I don't - I am in awe that we get to experience this version of parenting and family and Vivian.
This day marks the two year anniversary of Vivian's heart surgery. Today we celebrate that life changing event that allows all these other little and big, messy and neat, annoying and lovely moments to be ours.
Happy 2nd Heart Birthday, my sweet girl. I love all of you with all of me, especially my heart.
Trip down memory lane...
Two years ago.
One year ago.
Tonight, to celebrate, we ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory (food was totally blah, but the happy Shirley Temple-infused memories of my childhood made me happy to be there - AND we got to eat in the trolley - a childhood dream come true).
Then we walked through Christmas in the Park, where snow (bubbles) magically surprised us as we looked for snowmen (Viv's current holiday favorite).



10 comments:
LOVE this update! I love when I shed happy tears. It's so hard, yet so beautiful to know how much you all have been through. Hard because a piece of me knows somewhat of a similar path and beautiful because what has come of it. You can tell through your blog and by meeting you that your sweet Vivian has taught so many how to love SO deeply and how to soak in every special moment. What a blessing. She is just too precious for words. We are heading up on the January 2nd for 3 weeks. Would absolutely love to see you and your princess! Thank you again for sharing such a beautiful update. Happy 2nd Heart Birthday Vivian. :)
Happy 2nd Heart Birthday, Vivian!
We love you with all our hearts!
Hannah - I am lovin' this post... so much. I remembered Viv's heart birthday was in December, but not the date. I was not prepared to cry tonight!
Like Terra, I shed happy tears for where you are now - - where we all are for knowing you & Viv, sharing this journey. So true, too, about the perspective our experiences with our girls give us... the ability to look at an every day occurrence and be grateful that it could happen at all.
I also shed some "remembering" tears that I think must be fueled by some angst for next month. Clearly, I needed a cathartic cry!
Lovin' how you spent your evening! Eating at OSF is so much about the ambiance and childhood memories, isn't it? Ask your parents... I am certain the meals have always been pretty blah, haven't they?! Sitting in the trolley, the Shirley Temples... that's what it is all about!
Happpy Heart Birthday sweet Viv! Sounds like you had a perfectly wonderful celebration! Thanks for sharing this with us! Also, tell Viv that E is obsessed with snowmen too!
thinking of you three!
this makes MY heart happy!!!! what a gift to be in these days. what a gift to persevere and get through the most anxious and worry filled days. this post makes me cry and my heart well up with joy at the same time. i toast you from oakland with a virtual shirley temple!
Yay! Happy heart day! We hoped to run into you in San Jose- we even took a picture in front of the same Gingerbread House. Love the little heart outfit Miss Vivian is wearing for the occassion!
What an amazing day to celebrate, Eva's was right after her 1st birthday and I will never forget that day as long as I live and how she looked all wired up and things everywhere. I was a mess!!
I am so happy for you all and Ms. Vivian.
Love, hugs and hearts,
Crystal and Eva
Happy 2nd Heart B-day Vivian! I love the way you write Hannah, your posts are always wonderful!
Happy 2nd Heart Birthday, Miss Vivian! I'm amazed at how far you've come in two short years! Our kids truly do teach us the meaning of miracles.
Hello friends, just popping by to say a Merry Merry Christmas to you all and peace and happiness for the New Decade. Your Christmas card is beautiful this year and I also have last year's card hanging too. Me on the other hand... didn't get round to it once again. Ho ho ho! Love Catherine and the boys x
Post a Comment