12.18.2009

Christmas in the City

I love San Francisco during the holidays. It's a favorite. Viv and I were there today with my parents. We had such fun eating lunch in a French bistro. (Side story: Viv touched our waiter's behind while he was taking the next table's order, and he turned around, smiling, and said to her in his French accent: Are you trying to date me? I am still laughing about that.) We walked up and down Union Street looking in store windows, at lights, decorations and ribbons hanging from trees. On the sunny side of the street I wore short sleeves - amazing! We finished the day in the Mission eating our favorite ice cream and playing at Dolores Park in simply gorgeous December sunshine.

If I can't have a white Christmas, I'll take sunshine in the city!









6 comments:

Crystal M. said...

Looks like a fantastic day out!!! We are no were near nice weather here, I wish we could do more outdoors.
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Gorgeous pictures, Hannah--it looks like it was a fabulous day! I love San Francisco!! Just wish it was a little closer for me! :-)

Love these pics of Vivian, especially the last one. She is growing up so fast!

Jen H said...

How fun! I love all of the pictures but the one with you and Viv under the ribbons is just so sweet. <3

Jen L said...

I am such a doof. Post above (Jen H) is me Jen L. Sorry! ;)

amy and mighty max said...

Pretty much every time I see Miss Viv, I just want to eat her up...she is so darn cute!

And look at her walking around...what a big girl!!!

Kristi said...

This made me "homesick" for San Francisco. My mom, her friend and I had this very long standing tradition to take BART into the city every year and have breakfast, (window) shop, have lunch, shop and head home giddy with the Christmas spirit after looking at all the decorations in all the stores. SF is my second favorite city this time of year... NYC being my first!

Love all the pics... looks like you four had a lovely day! Viv is just glowing with Christmas Cheer! :-)