11.20.2009

"Nee-nah"*

A few weeks ago Vince and I went to Oakland with some friends. We ate a delicious dinner and then headed to the Fox Theater to see my favorite, *Regina Spektor.

(Eeeeeeek! I know. I was excited, too. Like: really, really excited).



I just want to remember this:
Regina's album, Far, was the soundtrack of this summer's days. Dance Anthem of the 80s and Calculation were two of the first songs that Vivian ever danced to - she heard the beat and moved her body to the rhythm, clapping and snapping. Instinctively bopping to the beat of a song is one of the many things I took for granted until Miss Viv came into my life with hearing and gross motor challenges.

To quote Dance Anthem of the 80s,
You are so sweet, so sweet
Dancing and moving to that beat, that beat

Vince and I are already plotting what Viv's first concert will be. We're hoping Regina will tour again in a few years so Viv can join us and dance to "Nee-nah" live and in person. My heart just about explodes at the thought of that! Sigh.




7 comments:

Susannah said...

um, i just played the first video for m and she started dancing, and then blowing like 20 kisses at viv. oh my goodness- melting my heart!

amy and mighty max said...

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

Susan said...

Snuck over from Think Pink to check in on Miss Vivian, and found she's a Regina Spektor fan! Yay! In that first video, her claps came right ON THE BEAT!! How in the world did she do that? Too stinkin' CUTE!!

Kristi said...

I <&#9829> you, Vivian!

Hannah, this is soooooo stinkin' cute!
Is she trying to snap her fingers in the second video? I loved watching her drum the box! And then, when she spotted what she wanted, I loved that she so (carefully) stepped up to get it!

(Preston is so smitten and has such a hard time understanding why he can't see her in person once he's seen her on the blog! Poor little guy... in love with an inaccessible girl!)

Jennifer Knott Lavagnino said...

Very sweet! Isn't the Fox Theatre cool? We just saw Echo & the Bunnymen there. Loved it.

Kristi said...

Um... that was supposed to be a heart...

Sara said...

How much to I love these videos? So much!!! Vivian--you are a girl after my own heart...dancing and all! LOVE it!

I loved the flower clip in her hair too! :)