♥ You point to the floor next to you and say "Mama, dee" (Mama, sit) when you want me to come read with you, color, do a puzzle...
♥ When I whisper "I love you" in your ear, you whisper back "I la Mama" (I love Mama) and my heart skips a beat.
♥ When out for push toy walks on the sidewalk, you like to "run" when we see joggers go past us on the sidewalk. It's really cute.
♥ I wake up to the sound of your crib wiggling as you stand up in it, then the sounds of your voice saying "Mama, ee" (Mama, eat). As soon as I walk into your room, you stop fussing or requesting and say "Hi, Mama!" with your trademark enthusiasm.
♥ You request verses of "The Wheels on the Bus".
♥ As I cook dinner, you nearly always request to be up. "Up, Mama. Up, Mama. Up, Mama."
♥ You love the Glee soundtrack right along with me (especially while we're cooking dinner).
♥ You give the best hugs: you snuggle in, wrap your arms around my neck and pat my back. Sometimes with a kiss on the cheek.
♥ Today at your cardiology checkup you totally surprised us by apparently enjoying your echo. As Dr. K covered you in stickers, clips, wires and goop, you laid there for twenty minutes smiling, nodding, chatting and looking over at Dr. K as she worked to say "Hi, dodr" (Hi, Doctor!) over and over.
As I sat there in the hot and dark room with you and Dr. K, I realized today is the two year anniversary of your originally scheduled heart surgery date. Two years ago, at the last minute, another baby needed heart surgery more urgently than you, and so your surgery was rescheduled for six weeks later.
And then, in a wave of nostalgia for your little 3-month-old self, and the complexity of that sweet, sweet, (and heartwrenching) time in your young life, I took a trip down memory lane to look at pictures like this:
and this:
and this:
And then we watched this, and my heart was so, so full, remembering. It's what I do, it's how I process. I bet when I'm 80 years old, I'll sit on the porch in a rocking chair with a glass of lemonade, remembering these sweet moments.
11.09.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




15 comments:
Absolutely beautiful Hannah!
**tears**
So precious. I love the Sweet Dreams movie. I could watch is over and over and over again. You're making me excited to have a little one in the house again. :)
Awesome that she did so well and was content to hang out and talk to the doc yesterday. Hope you had a yummy lunch to celebrate!
I love that you are writing this all down! How special for you both. She is just growing up so fast! And check out Miss Vivian on a walk only holding with one hand! Yay!
so sweet! both you and little viv are just the sweetest!
Such a sweet video. I just loved it. I watched with in tears in my eyes... such a precious baby.... growing into a precious little girl!
I am absolutely amazed with how much she is talking...WOW! You must be thrilled! Any tricks of the trade you want to share??? :)
Very Very Very Sweet!! I have tears in my eyes!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
hey there.. just caught up on so many posts.. October really was a challenging month for and I didn't get to check in on you too much.. love the pumpkin pics especially... remind me of the pics we used to take pre-digital. Cx
you made my heart swell and my eyes tear with this post. i love it. i love your sweet girl. i love that we both wrote remembering posts.
Vivian you are so beautiful.
Hanna...What a sweet and loving post. Your blog always puts a smile on our faces!
Heather and Eve
Can I sit on that porch and have some of that lemonade when I'm 80 too...sounds perfect!
Love this post, Hannah! And love how your sweet Vivian is growing up and developing so many skills and so much language. I can just picture her saying all those things--so cute!
Okay... now that I've blown my nose and repeatedly wiped my eyes, I will attempt to comment.
The video took my breath away. I LOVE that song and never, ever has it sounded (or looked) more beautiful.
As for this month's '9 Things,' well, suffice it to say that I love it! I am utterly amazed and awed at all that Viv does and says. And, that shadow pic of the two of you is awesome!
(Your monthly "9" posts inpsired me to make better note of things the kids are doing... thus a nod to P's current status at 2.5!)
Miss G loves her echos, too! She got really made at her appt Wed. because they took so long doing her pacer check and she had to wait for the echo!
ummm... she got really "mad" at her appt!
I love that video. Couldn't you just see sparks of what's to come in those eyes?!
Post a Comment