11.04.2009

Stunts, or Adventures in School Picture-Taking

Way back in the second week of school, Vivian was seated on a tall box for her school picture. Little Miss decided it would be fun to free-fall backwards off the box (with the most gleeful and delighted of smiles and giggles). This stunt required our dear vice-principal to duck behind the box and hold Vivian so she wouldn't topple backwards (which made Vivian all the more delighted and giggly as she looked behind her to see what Mary Ruth was up to down there). Meanwhile I was calling Viv to look at me (to get the darn picture taken and over with) and was sweaty from the craziness of trying to prevent a head injury, and Viv continued trying to fall off the box for giggles.

Oy vey.

I'm sure this whole scenario lasted less than two minutes, but I was exhausted by the time it was over. Which makes it all the more amazing that the end product is this sweetness:



I love the bow askew (it's practically her trademark) and the (hint of daredevil) sparkle in her eye... and that sweet smile.

17 comments:

The Claytons said...

Very Cute pic! I completely understand the ordeals we go through to get the pic taken though and it definitely seems like a lifetime session.

Susannah said...

i adore this. i felt like those pictures were so stressful! doing acrobatics to get our little ones attention! sigh. which is why the school composite picture is so amazing- these all look like little angels, smiling sweetly. she is so cute in this picture. (i love the yellow)

Susannah said...

i mean they not these :)

greta ott said...

is there a like it button on this blog.
because I like it!!

Molly said...

That's hilarious. What a doll! Maybe next year they'll have a chair with a back on it. :)

aka-mama said...

hannah, i love your retelling of the two minutes!! I can just picture it! I love that miss vivian thought it was quite funny and the picture really captures her cute self! (was going to say cute little self- but man does she look all grown up!)

Crystal M. said...

It turned out great!! When I took kids pictures in the studio for a living moms would say "I could not do what you do all day, I am exausted from just this 20 mins" LOL! I miss it dearly but working on my own business.
Hugs to Ms. Vivian,
Crystal and Eva

Cynthia said...

Way too precious! I love the dramatic story too!

Cynthia

Kristi said...

Oh. My. Goodness!

I adore this picture... adore it! I love the yellow blouse, the bow, the backstory, but most of all, I absolutely adore that beautiful (hint of daredevil) twinkle in Viv's eyes!

Michele said...

Oh Miss Viv, you are such a clown! What a darling picture despite your shenanigins!

Erin L said...

I love that you have such a great story for her first school picture. And you're right, it is a very sweet photo.

Hugs,
Erin

Anonymous said...

There is just something about those official school pictures. You just have to love them (and the stories that usually accompany them.)

That Vivian - she's a cutie!

-Libby

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

What a CUTE picture!!! It just captures Vivian perfectly! Love the story of her adventures to get the picture taken too--so cute!

AmyK said...

That is the sweetest, cutest, loveliest school picture! She does indeed have a wee bit of daredevil in her, doesn't she?! So cute!

Sara said...

Oh my! Is it okay that I got a chuckle out of this post? I adore the school picture of Vivian. I agree, it is ALL her.

I could picture the whole scenario. :) Thanks for sharing, Hannah!

amy and mighty max said...

oh my...she is sooooo darn cute. that picture could not be any more perfect. love, love, love it! :)

Anonymous said...

How cute is that! Adorable picture.
Love from Sara and Maddie's Aunt