9.24.2009

Back to School Day


Vince took this picture (with his phone, obviously) from the observation window (it's a one way mirror) after our meeting.

Today was Vivian's Back to School day. After years of hosting Back to School Nights when I was teaching, it was fun to be on the parent/listening side this morning. Viv's teacher continues to be a.m.a.z.i.n.g. I was teary eyed within the first two minutes of her talking to us. Teary eyed because I am so thankful for this school and so thankful that Vivian and I get to learn so joyfully from such wonderful teachers and therapists. Just so, so thankful that this place exists. I could go on and on.

Our school's annual fundraising benefit is coming up in November. If you're interested in making a donation to the school where Vivian is listening, thinking and talking, here's the link:
Donate to Jean Weingarten Peninsula Oral School for the Deaf
If you're local and would like to join Vince and me at the benefit (dinner, auction, casino and fun with a Love Boat theme this year!), you can purchase tickets here. Thank you!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, how I love this peek at her school day... the look on her face as she's interacting with her little friend is priceless. She looks so happy to be there. It's wonderful. I wish Gracie's class has an observation room like Viv and Reu's do!

As for the fundraiser... oh how I wish we were local... we would so love to come play with you and Vince and support such a great cause!

Carrie said...

Could she be any cuter? I love catching a glimpse of her in class!

joan said...

I just love Miss Vivian interacting with her little friend. Such a cute, cute picture-priceless!! I am so happy that you have such a great school- and so happy it is close to me so we can visit! hee hee!

Crystal M. said...

Welcome back to school Vivian!! Looks like a great school and a great class.
Hugs,
crystal and Eva

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Happy "Back to School" Day, Vivian! You look so cute in your classroom with all your friends! Have a great year at school, sweetie!

AmyK said...

So very sweet! I'm with Carrie, I love seeing her in school with her little school friends, too cute!

Auntie Sarah said...

I keep looking at the back of that teacher in brown's head... and thinking it is a spittin image of Auntie Linda!!