9.22.2009

First Day of Autumn


This very warm evening, when we were taking our third push-toy walk of the day, I thought about how the days are long, but the years are short*.

*I enjoyed this from The Happiness Project.

8 comments:

Auntie Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! vivi looks SO hip in her fall outfit and lace up boots!! and with baby Beyoncee. I cant wait to see you guys in a few weeks! Love you

Jennifer L. said...

Yay for fall! My favorite season! Now if only we could figure out how to skip over pesky winter. ;)

Baby Beyonce cracks me up. So cute!

Victoria Nelson said...

you made justin and i smile tonight. thank you for being so sweet and cute sweet vivian. =)
we love you.

Susannah said...

sweet girl with her hip shoes! what a trendsetter- now we just have to find some in OUR size! ;)

Kristi said...

Viv looks so cute... and so very Autumn in that ensemble! LOVE the boots!

Thank you so much for sharing, "The Years are Short." I got a little teary, I have to admit. Today was one of "those" days, but I think I will be able to end it on a better note having watched that and gained a little perspective (dare I use the word again this week) on my (and my kids') day. Thanks... will be forwarding that link to my friends!

joan said...

Tonight at Hot Rod Nightz I was a little tired from working all day and ready to go home. But I paused for a bit and stand back and observe. This is Olivia's childhood- dont rush to get home to rest your tired feet. Hang in there and enjoy the smiles because the days are long and the years short. I love to pause and think of that from time to time! Thanks again for the reminder.

Can't wait to take a fall walk with Miss Vivian (and her Mama too!)

Lynn W said...

Very nice piece. Thanks for sharing.
That Viv is really setting the 'style' bar high for two year olds in school. Great job Grand and the boots are precious and perfect. Looks like she's saying "Don't even mess with me" : ) She makes me smile every time I see her. Madeline and Viv have to be the best dressed girls in school this year.
Have you enlarged her hula outift picture? It is sure worthy.
Keep on keeping on Viv's Mom.
Hugs from Arkansas
Lynn

Catherine L said...

love that photo!