8.21.2009

I Forgot to Mention...

...my Blurb book arrived about 10 minutes before we left for Santa Barbara a couple of weeks ago. For all my complaining about the process (it took me a lot of time to format the text and all those photos!), I am so, so, so happy with how it turned out. I highly recommend Blurb if you're thinking of creating a keepsake book of your blog.

Now I've got to get cracking on the Year Two book...
And while I'm at it, I'm going to make Vivian a book of just my "Dear Vivian" letters.
And by the time those are done, I'm sure it'll be time to do the Year Three book...


For all her love of books, the one with her photo on the front didn't actually keep her attention for long!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

YAY! And, how ironic is it that I was just going to text you and ask about it?!
LOVE what I can see of it! :-)
I guess I better get my tushie in gear... I need to do the blog... and all the years prior to the blog!

Landry said...

And then you can come over and finish mine! :)

I was all set to make Landry's "pregnancy" book with all the blog posts I did while pregnant with her before I started her 1st year book, but Blurb stopped supporting Blogger right about then. I got so frustrated and have only recently gone back to find that they now support Blogger again (and I'm 2.5 books behind already!). Any tips? The formatting drives me CRAZY!

Are you going to be able to make the Stitch n Bitch at our house on Sunday?

Crystal M. said...

I got Eva's all in order I just need to order it!! I love it!!

AmyK said...

I am so, so happy for you and Viv! I love it already and I have just seen the outside from your photos! I do hope you'll let me enjoy it! I can't wait to see how my most creative friend has worked her magic - eek! Congratulations!

angie said...

i want to do one of these books so badly! i am feeling inspired!

Erin said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to see it. How awesome to have such a keepsake.

Sara said...

What a wonderful keepsake for the both of you. I want to check this out because I am interested. I take it you can pick the posts you want? I may be e-mailing you soon to find out more. :)

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

The "Blurb" book has been on my to-do list now for a couple of years! Love how yours turned out, from what I can see in the pictures. This gives me some inspiration to get started on ours!

Catherine L said...

Gorgeous.. pls show more. I started mine for Reuben in April 2008 I'm ashamed to say.

Catherine L said...

Advice pls: what size did you end up doing. I have a couple of drafts of the different books, and one's in large format but given number of entries, it looks to be expensive and then of course you can't change format once you've started. Cx