We are loving spending our days coloring. A few minutes here, a few minutes there.
A Strawberry Shortcake coloring book + RoseArt* crayons = SO MUCH fun.
It is sooooooo relaxing.
And it is so fun to lie on the carpet with Viv, filling up the pages with color.

Once I found some sweet blue marks on the floor. But most of the time the crayon marks end up on the paper.
A Strawberry Shortcake coloring book + RoseArt* crayons = SO MUCH fun.
It is sooooooo relaxing.
And it is so fun to lie on the carpet with Viv, filling up the pages with color.

Once I found some sweet blue marks on the floor. But most of the time the crayon marks end up on the paper.

I highly recommend buying yourself a coloring book and some crayons. These are sweet, quiet and colorful moments in our day.
*My friend recommended RoseArt crayons over Crayola and I agree - they're smoother.


10 comments:
yay for strawberry shortcake!
oh goodness, i love the photos of the crayon on the floor and windows!
She is sooo stinkin cute! I too love to color with the kids-it is very therapeutic! I am going to tape some large paper to our sliding glass door and see what happens! Do Roseart crayons smell as good as Crayola?
Peanut butter will take crayon marks off your floor...just in case you're wondering.
Love, from Wisconsin
Karen, I love the peanut butter idea - delicious, really! A baby wipe actually took it right off. I will file that peanut butter removal idea, though:-).
Joan, I can't vouch for the smell of RoseArt vs. Crayola... we will have to do an informal scientific study!
I'm thinking that you did a really nice job on that little duck!
Oh and I am happy for the Strawberry Shortcake memories, I can smell her as I type!
Vivian and Hannah, Katie and I love to color too! So fun and so relaxing!
Hannah, Crayola makes some kind of markers now that you can write on windows/glass with, and they wipe right off. Katie's teacher had them on the last day of school, and the kids were decorating the classroom windows with them. Vivian might also enjoy an Aquadoodle--they make a large version that hangs on the wall.
Maybe we can have a coloring date?! Elliot lasts about 2 minutes and would rather sort and dump the crayons then color with them. I will try the window idea!
Still trying to get my bearings from the last post... but I will say this:
- LOVE the paper on the window idea!
- I see a strong, right hand dominance with Viv... is this true? I still can't tell with Preston yet... he still goes back and forth and eats better lefty!
- LOVE that she's holding the crayon so properly in that one shot!
- LOVE that she is lying on the floor and has herself buried in the task!
- LOVE that you colored a whole picture yourself! :-) Very nice job!
- LOVE the paper on the window idea! Will be trying that soon!
Oh... and what's the html code for the heart?! :-) Too cute!
Post a Comment