Greta left this comment on Benbo last night and it made me smile:
dear hannah,
it has been four days since your last post. sniff sniff I miss you.
xo greta
Well, it's been a week. Full of lots of little and big, exciting and utterly mundane moments that didn't leave time or energy to blog after I put Viv to bed each night. A re-cap, now that I've made it to Friday (because I've missed being here, too) :
Monday:
- emergency trip to the chiropractor first thing - pinched nerve
- June gloom in a big way, I think it rained
- grocery shopping (TJ's and Safeway)
- ice my neck
- baked brownie chocolate chip cookies (for me) and zucchini banana muffins (for Viv) and a meatloaf (for dinner)
- ice my neck
- cleaned floors
- 3 loads of laundry (folded and put away, a small miracle)
- ice my neck
- interspersed with water painting, push toy walking, convertible riding and bird and car watching with the Little Miss
Tuesday:
- morning walk
- prepare for Vivian's IFSP (individualized family service plan) meeting (cookies on table, grandma here to keep Viv busy, Vince home, speech therapist here, ready to advocate) but our service coordinator had an emergency and couldn't come or get in touch with us= no meeting after we waited an hour = I am a bummed mama
- eat too many cookies
- go to school where I used to teach to meet friend for monthly ice cream visit, Viv scoots around her classroom, pulling up on everything including the AV cart that's on wheels - she's a wild child
- Viv has a bath
- I skip dinner (highly unusual for me, but too many cookies and froyo)
Wednesday:
- 8:15 chiropractor visit with Viv as she sits in stroller and eats zucchini banana muffin
- go straight to Viv's school for a quick playgroup and then up to the big school to watch the end of the year talent show (singing, dancing, tumbling by 3-5 year olds, all with hearing aids and/or cochlear implants) - lovely and inspiring - Viv loved joining in on the applause - and I loved imagining her very gregarious, audience-loving self up there in a few years
- head to my parents' - my mom babysits while I get a pedicure (birthday gift from my parents, so relaxing and decadent) and then go to a doctor appointment for myself (lots of waiting, and sadly, none of my favorite celebrity trash magazines in the waiting room, so I text with a friend to keep me busy :-)
- get home around 5:30, exhausted
- play outside, Viv is now climbing up the front steps with ease and she went down the steps independently on her tummy for the first time
- use my waffle maker (still out from Sunday morning) like a panini press to make grilled sandwiches for dinner (highly recommended summer dinner)
- cancel EI appointment for Thursday, need the day to stay open for yet to be rescheduled IFSP
- turn in to bed early (with Frasier, of course)
Thursday:
- morning walk
- lots of play outside - it's finally sunny and warm
- reschedule IFSP meeting for the afternoon
- convertible ride
- IFSP - nervous since I'm holding the meeting alone now - ready to advocate strongly for the new and increased services we want for Viv
- meeting goes great and I didn't have to fight - service coordinator says "We're going to get Viv what she needs." So thankful.
- Viv takes good nap in her own crib - I work on my Blurb book (turning blog posts into a book) but the program keeps crashing - arg!
- a friend takes me out for a birthday ice cream - yum
- Vince, Viv and I go to my mother in law's to walk around the Thursday night farmers' market that's down the street from her house, so enjoyable, and Vivian consistently calls Grannie "Nana" - adorable!
Today:
- Viv's sleeping in this morning (late night last night)
- I get the house to myself with my coffee and music as a new day begins (my favorite treat)
- PT with "Lala" later this morning
- children's museum with a friend this afternoon
- Viv and "Da-dee"woke up at 8:45 in our bed after falling asleep with us at 6 this morning. Happy and very well rested, she signed "I love you" spontaneously for the first time (until now she's only done the sign and said "I la" after I say it to her).
How has your week been?



12 comments:
LOVE IT! what a busy week.. I am SO glad to hear that the IEFP (?) meeting went smoothly. You are such a great advocate for Vivi, I am so proud of you! awesome to hear of much scooting, and signing "I love you"... how dear. Does she have a sign for her name yet? I cant wait to see you guys next week! Yippee! :P Thanks for the BIG SMILES HANNAH!
Well, my week just got better after reading about your week...that's for darn sure! Hannah, I admire you, Vince, and Vivian so much. Thank you for sharing your week...and life with us!
Each day got better and better to read. I remember when Madeline said "I love you" first without a prompt. And I wish I could have seen the show at Viv's school. I am imagining it and it is wonderful! I can't wait to hear about when Vivian is in school.
Glad to read more about my "camaron con cola".
Instead of relying on your trash/gossip magazines you might need a new phone with Internet access ;-)
So, who got who into Frasier? or was this just another coincidence between the Peterson Sisters?
Hope the pain is gone, see you soon!
Independent "I Love You" has to be the BEST milestone EVER!! Absolutely precious.
#1 - How in teh *&%# do you get all that done in a day?!
#2 'I Love You' deserved it's own blog post! OMG that is the sweetest darn thing!
What a busy but perfect summer week!
yeah!! it's you. Thanks for sharing your week! I love you too!!!
Busy busy busy!! We are still moving all the bedrooms round. I hope everyone has a great week next week!!
The picture of Viv and her daddy is so cute! I can't wait for Alice to sign "I love you".
funny... that has to be my favourite pic of Miss Viv! Love it! cx
Busy! Holy Cow!!!
Are you feeling better...? Ouch... that was a lot of icing, Missy!
Glad the IFSP went well :-)
And, the "I love you," well... you know that just melted my heart!
Hope this week has just as much fabulousness and a lot less chiropractic care!
"I Love you" is so sweet.
Viv in sign language is so cool. V victory sign, i pinkie finger up, V victory sign again. That is so cool. I can't wait to see that video.
I agree..what a week!!
Lynn
the lurker from Sara's place.
Post a Comment