6.21.2009

Father's Day




Vivian adores Vince.

Each evening she hears his key in the front door and gets totally blissed out : she stops whatever she's doing, smiles BIG, points to the front door and says "DADA!" before she even sees him. (That magical daily moment brought to us by hearing aids.)

On Friday afternoon Vivian and I were driving home and she was asking (whining, really) for milk (I didn't have any more with me). I kept telling her we'd be home soon; can she wait for just a few more minutes? I told her that Daddy was waiting for us at home, and wouldn't it be fun to drink milk at home with daddy? She talked about "DADA!" the rest of the way home, joyfully distracted. (That moment also brought to me by hearing aids.)

At the farm this morning with "DADA!"
Vince loves Vivian SO MUCH. He'll turn to me as I'm falling asleep or as we're eating ice cream on the couch and say things like "We're so lucky Vivian is our baby. I love her sooo much."

And Happy Father's Day to my dad, Vivian's "Bupa" (her current word for grandpa) whose love for his Vivian is mammoth, and whose support and help since her birth is so treasured.

2 comments:

Auntie Sarah said...

I adore photo #1: I imagine she is saying " I love you THIS Much Dada!" Happy Father's Day Vince! we cant wait to help you and Dad celebrate s'more next Saturday = - )

Kristi said...

Soooo cute! Just love these pics!
Happy belated Father's Day to Vince and Bupa! :-)
Such a cute name for him! :-)