6.22.2009

Ice Cream! A-Wa!




I broke out the ice cream maker to celebrate the first day of summer and whipped up some almond dark chocolate chunk ice cream. It was fine, but the highlight of the evening was Vivian with her rainbow sherbet cone. She went to town creating the perfect summer mess. She poked holes in the cone, "drew" with the ice cream and ate some, too.

Today when we were out doing errands, she asked for "a-wa" (ice cream) emphatically - she is so my daughter.

Hope your first day of summer was filled with sweet, sticky and delicious moments, too.

7 comments:

karolina said...

drawing with ice cream = brilliant :-D
what a funny girl!

Kristi said...

Okay... so, are you sure that we aren't related?! I feel very much the same way about ice cream! :-)
And, as for you, Miss Viv, you are too cute for words! How I adore you and your zest for life... and ice cream! Sigh.

Kristine said...

Viv is just adorable. I don't comment much, but love your blog.

angie said...

i want to break out the ice cream maker! i am feeling inspired by you (as always)!

Sara said...

That makes me want to fly to CA and enjoy an ice cream treat with the two of you! :)

Crystal M. said...

HOMEMADE ICE CREAM??? You are one awesome mom!! Looks yummy! Eva also loves to draw with her food...LOL!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Vivian, you and I would be great friends--nothing better in the summer than some yummy ice cream!