Viv and I wandered the mall today, buying nothing but enjoying the window shopping. She happily ate bunny grahams, admired the skylights and pointed to babies in strollers (we were just one of many mama-baby pairs). As I pondered the merits of a linen purse that I totally don't need, I noticed one of Vivian's new shoes was missing. It was the right one, of course. Sigh.
I pretty much chalked it up to lost and gone forever, but half-heartedly re-traced our footsteps. As we re-wandered Victoria's Secret, a woman stepped out of line to ask if I was looking for a little white sandal. I don't know why I find it funny that Viv dropped her shoe among bras and underwear and the sweetly smell of too-strong perfume and lotions, but I do.
Then off for a post shoe-hunt frozen yogurt at Pinkberry, which has finally joined the ranks of all the frozen yogurt shops popping up left and right here in Northern California. When I was pregnant with Viv it was an LA-only treat enjoyed on a vacation, and I seriously pined for this frozen yogurt throughout the rest of my pregnancy. Of course the joy of sharing this treat with Vivian today was not lost on me - the last time I "shared" it with her I was 18 weeks pregnant with our sweet Benbo.
5.21.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Te extrañamos "Camaron con Cola", ojala nos veamos este fin de semana y mejor si compartimos un Pinkberry.
Kisses miles!
Sounds like a peaceful day and I am glad you found her sandle and enjoyed a nice treat.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
i remember....xoxo Shari
Anything to do with her shoes cracks me up! If anything, the girlie is consistent! :-)
(Is her right foot, by chance, slightly bigger than her left...? I am just fascinated by this right shoe habit of hers! :-))
Pinkberry... yummy!
Post a Comment