So live it well, make it count,What's your favorite thing about today?
fill it up with you.
The day's all yours, it's waiting now...
See what you can do.
4.04.2009
Morning Story
This lovely book, All in a Day, by Cynthia Rylant, has become part of our morning ritual. I figure we have special night time books, why not have a special book to start each day? The illustrations by Nikki McClure are paper-cut pictures (love!) and are stunning (in my opinion). Viv loves looking for the squirrel - there's one on nearly every page - and I love the book's message. In a nutshell: each day brings opportunities that won't come again - so how are you going to live fully today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
well, so far, i loved walking into the hospital room and seeing miss m, snoozing away, and looking up on the screen to see another day fever-free. yeah! then, sitting down, ejoying my new phone ;-), and opening ur webpage to see how absolutely adorable my vivian is with her stylish outfit and hair clip, and the immense pride i got seeing her read her morning book!
love u guys,
victoria
That looks like an adorable book. I'm a sucker for children's books, and I'm always trying to find more to add to the collection!
My favorite thing about today is getting to spend all day with my girls and J too. Ooh, and Easter Bunny shopping at Target!
Sounds like a great book!! I am glad Vivian loved books as much as Eva does. Looks like a great way to start the day.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
today was a good day! i got to sleep in (always nice for me:), did laundry, got some valuable Life guidance, biked with Renato, BBQ'd, watched a movie, then made Disgustingly Rich Brownies! and I also talked with a dear friend that I hadn't talked to in a long time. And tomorrow we are going to Giant's game on the Ferry! Could the weekend get any better?? today was full of awareness and honesty. Good stuff!!
What a neat book, Vivian! Books are good ANY time of day! :-)
Love your yellow hair clip--adorable!
i love nikki mcclure stuff! monrovia's room has oodles of it. love it.
my fav thing about today...having some mommy and little m time this morning snuggling and playing in bed...and the margarita matt made me tonight that i sipped in our backyard!
That book looks lovely! I love seeing Viv pointing... and that clip - seriously!
As far as yesterday favorite... I loved your email saying you're visiting!
Today... the warm sunshine against my skin as I walked two sleepy children in the double stroller, the smell of BBQs firing up in the neighborhood as the sun started to set, the taste of our own BBQ dinner, the sweet scent of my kids' hair when I kissed them goodnight, and now the sound of my temporarily quiet house (with the exception of John's snoring... but I'm just grateful he's here!).
Oh, it's been a long time and I loved reading your recent posts! Vivian is getting bigger by the day and I love reading about your days together. Super cute she cheers after drinking from a straw! My fav part of today: seeing a double rainbow out my window at work and eating too many chocolate covered macadamia nuts! Kisses to vivian! (still warms my heart - those blown kisses on new years day).
Post a Comment