3.05.2009

While She Naps



I eat cookies and string cheese for lunch, and love every bite.

I run a load of laundry. Just one.

I watch this TED talk on nurturing creative spirit by Elizabeth Gilbert and think about her words on the creative process: Don't be afraid...just do your job. Continue to show up for your piece of it.

I water my terrariums (hence the dirt, mud and fimo [for the red toadstool] the other day - a project ticked off the list).

I write a card to a friend.

I savor the quiet and time to myself and the break from being hearing aid patrol.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't nap time the best? (Love the terrariums by the way - they look great.) Nothing like catching your breath, and taking a moment for yourself in preparation for the second round of the day. Enjoy these precious moments.

How were the cookies? I'm thinking we will have to do some baking after our naptime...a little something to help beat the winter blahs (we might get snow tomorrow?!)

-Libby

AmyK said...

I am so impressed at how much you accomplished and enjoyed during 'nap time', you truly make it look so easy my dear friend! Love the terrariums!

Auntie Sarah said...

A red toadstool? so cute!

Crystal M. said...

In some ways I miss nap time but in others I am so happy Eva goes to bed so well at night now...LOL!
Glad you enjoyed your time while she napped.
Speaking for writing letters to a friend can you send me your address? You can post it on Eva's blog if you do not have my email it will not show up unless I publish it so I won't.
Oh and speaking of cookies I got my girl scout cookies yesterday. I am in trouble with my diet now...LOL!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Cynthia said...

Ah, the never ending hearing aid patrol. I consider it a great day when I don't have to take six different pieces and put them back together again!

Kristi said...

She is so stinkin' cute crashed like that!
I love that you are finding inspiration to tackle projects while still indulging in treat time for yourself :) Such a necessary break from HAP (Hearing Aid Patrol)!!!
The terrariums are so neat... never have done that and now am feeling the need. I think the kids, Preston especially, would like it.
Am dying to know about the cookies... is there any possible way they could be any better than the cookies you shared with us in the fall...? I would be shocked!!!

Anonymous said...

Precious pic of little Viv!

Auntie Sarah said...

oh my gosh i just realized what you meant by terrarium by looking at the photo (duH!) how Fun is that? maybe i could use the glass container you gave us for Christmas for that. i tried the Cuties in there for decoration again- but it turned into a nasty science project!!