3.24.2009

Just in Case You Were Wondering

how to properly sip from a straw, Vivian has broken down the steps:


Granny Lorraine saw this little juice box cup with a straw and thought Viv might like it as a honey-bear alternative. Last night she was playing with it at my feet while I made a salad. I noticed water drip out of her mouth. Apparently she figured it out. Now she goes through these four steps (#3 is optional) every time she sips water. I am all for celebrating the little things around here - it just makes the day more fun! Tomorrow I'll put her milk in the cup and see what Viv thinks of that!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! VERY exciting. Good job Viv! :)

Crystal M. said...

Great job Vivian!!

Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

Yay! Miss Vivian you are such a big girl. Your friend Diego no longer has a bottle...but now he won't drink milk at all. Maybe a fun sippy would be more exciting! Can't wait to hear what you think of the milk in thge sippy. Miss you!

AmyK said...

Priceless! I love it!

Auntie Sarah said...

Yay for sipping through a straw! **clap clap**!!

Anonymous said...

I *love* step 4. :)

Little Miss Evie said...

Vivian you are so cute!! Good job on your wonderful drinking skills and great job on clapping to say congrats to yourself. You work so hard you deserve it. I think us Mommies should remember to do that for ourselves sometimes. How wise you are ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I am so proud of my beautiful niece... btw, it felt good to be able to help you guys during the weekend... too bad we don't live closer.

Kristi said...

Viv you are a rockstar!!!

And, Hannah... I adore the way you captured this! :-)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Vivian! We might have to seek out a similar bottle. I think we have tried every cup/bottle known to man and have yet to find one that Charlie will use. But we haven't tried that one.

That, and we haven't included step three and four - which look to be very important steps.

-Libby

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Vivian, you are the straw-drinking champion! Big claps for you! :-)