3.23.2009

When the Weekend's Goings-Ons Create New To Do Lists

This weekend:

*I finished removing the ugliest wallpaper you've ever seen from our master bathroom (Thanks for the help, R!). It was golf-themed. (It came down, along with the 3 "surprise" layers of wallpaper and paint beneath it.) My dad took out the toilet and vanity and linoleum (bless his heart), and then we discovered some dry rot. I'm calling our contractor today. This DIY project is officially a need professional help project.

*I sewed and sewed. And then my beloved sewing machine (it was my Grandma Vivian's, and my mom just got it "tuned up" for me) went kaput. I'm sure it's my fault (I really don't know how to sew and I'm certainly not graceful about it). But I was just getting my sewing groove on and I'm not so happy about being interrupted. I'm taking my dear sewing machine back in to see if she can be saved - I really hope she can.

*I prayed and sang and thought and hoped for Moriah. Vivian consistently blew kisses to M's photo above her changing table. Today I continue to do just that for Moriah, for Miss Madeline (Sara-of-Think Pink's cutie pie daughter who is having a second surgery in a week today) and for sweeties I don't even know who endure so much at such a tender age. I never expected I would ever be part of a world where the hospital, myriad doctors and surgeries are such a part of everyday life (who does?). I was oblivious to this world's existence, really (perspective). I will absolutely stop for a moment each day to think of children and their families who are enduring these trials.

*Viv splashed it up in a major way. Vince captured it in a beautiful way. Order prints and frame them.



4 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for the moments of prayer and thought for Madeline and Moriah. I've done the same. I agree with you that I have been woken up about the challenges a lot of families have to face. I get reminders when I am here as well.

I hope you get a decent quote from the contractor. I think that was a good call, but I hate when DIY projects don't turn into such.

Your pink banner has hung in our hospital room. It's received a lot of fun comments and has helped raise our spirits. Thanks again!

Hugs, Sara

Anonymous said...

Your pink banner sure brightened up Maddie's hospital room...how thoughtful of you!
Love, from Maddie and Sara's Aunt Karen

Karen Rock said...

Vivian is a regular swim champ there!! She is just getting more adorable (especially with the teeny pigtails)!!
As for this fantastic banner, I would love to see a pic as I know you are SEW creative!!

Kristi said...

Bummer on the DIY project turning into a contractor's job... doesn't it just figure?

What were you sewing? Inquiring minds...! Hope Grandma Vivian's machine can be repaired and you get back in the groove soon.

Splish Splash, Viv! Soooo Cute! Are you going to put the pics up in the bathroom? Adorable!
As a very interesting coincidence with the Flock, Gracie took her first bath with Preston not in her adaptable bath chair. She had a ball splish-splashing, too! :-)