February is supposed to be my month of getting projects done, but I am severely under-motivated. The to do list is long, the short month is over halfway done and now I'm cheating : with one project that's been done since the New Year, and another project that isn't mine at all.

Back in the fall, a couple of girlfriends and I got together and made silhouettes of our babies. The hard part for me was getting a photo that really captured Viv's profile. We cut out the silhouette from the printed photo, traced it on black paper and cut that out. I framed them in thrift store frames that I spray painted black, added in some framed patterned paper and an art print to the mix. Now we've got art in our bathroom.
This is the valentine my mom made for Vivian. It also happens to sport a silhouette...and so many perfectly lovely details. I adore it. It's hanging on a ribbon board in the living room so we look at it throughout the day.
6 comments:
I love what you did with the silhouettes! And now that I know you have experience with frames, I am going to hire you to help me with a framing project of my own ;) I love the Valentine your Mom made, it makes me think that is how valentines once were long, long ago.
LOVE the silhouette project! What a great idea!
The Valentine your mom made is beautiful! WOW!
Again, I marvel at the artistic, talented and crafty people in your life (including YOU!).
What a great idea!! I have photo silhouettes of the boys because JcPennys use to do that but I do not have one of Eva. They do not do it anymore so I guess I will have to do without. I wish I was as talented as you, I love craft projects but I just do not have the space or modivation to do them sometimes with kids running around. Maybe I will run to the craft store today and do some card making...LOL!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
very sweet. your mom sure is crafty.
I think you just inspired tim and i to make some silhouettes of the otts!
I am at awe at your artistic ability! Your creativity makes me want to run home and do something similar...except I am certain mine would come out looking like Brady did it! :)
Cynthia
SO cute so cute! like something out of a Magazine... gosh, I need to check out some books on creativity, you and Mom are so creative... are we really related?!
Post a Comment