2.15.2009

The Great Cinnamon Bear Hunt

I laughed when I read a couple of comments on yesterday's post hypothesizing that we did something fabulous for Valentine's Day. Get ready for a really boring rundown of our day:

Our day consisted of: staying in jammies til late, then staying stinky in workout clothes, eventually getting dressed for the day at 2:00...and finally setting out for what turned out to be the great cinnamon bear hunt. I love those gummy candies, haven't had them in forever, and was craving them big time yesterday. (Why? I haven't a clue.) So, we set off to a cute little neighborhood with an old fashioned candy store I was sure would have them in bulk so I could buy a few and be done with it. But they were pretty wiped out of all red candies, with no cinnamon bear in sight. It started raining as we walked around, so we hit the road, stopping at Target where Vince had to exchange something. We ran into some friends and visited in the kids' section (fun)...but no cinnamon bears at Target or the Cost Plus next door (I was so sure I'd find them at one of those places). I made Vince stop at Walgreen's (I'm telling you, I was obsessed and determined!). But alas, no cinnamon gummies of any kind. I bought some Brach's cherry gummy hearts, but they are so not filling the void. And so I am still sitting here with a major craving for cinnamon bears (the Brach's brand specifically, but I can't even find those on the internet). Que lastima.

We (nearly) always eat pizza and salad for Valentine's Day dinner (I like to cut heart shapes out of beets and bell peppers). Dessert was the fun part: chocolate fondue with pears, bananas, strawberries and donuts (if you know Vince, then this is not surprising to you) while watching Dan In Real Life (enjoyable).

Hoping your Valentine's Day was spent with people you love, munching on yummy treats (as opposed to searching in vain for something that appearently isn't made any longer). xoxo

I didn't realize Viv was signing "candy" in our little Valentine's Day photo shoot until I looked at the photos more closely this morning. It's a cute sign.

8 comments:

Crystal M. said...

I bet I could find some if you really want them, I know someone who owns a candy store I can send you some if you want.
Very cute pics and I it all looks so yummy!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

AmyK said...

I am so sorry you didn't find any Cinnamon Bears, but it did look like you had a 'love'ly v-day!

Susannah said...

Viv looks precious in this photo.

I'll pick some cinnamon bears for you if I run into any up here in the East bay ;)

Auntie Sarah said...

that is so funny! i remember you and Mom were obsessed with those cinnamon bears years ago.. and I could have SWORN I saw some not too long ago. I hope you find them someday soon! i hope we can visit soon :) XOXO

greta ott said...

I too will pick up the cinnamon bear hunt here in san diego.

I wouldn't mind a cinnamon bear myself.

Kristi said...

On the hunt here, too! :-)

The fondue looks delicious!

And... we (all too often) have those exact kind of "late" days! :-)

angie said...

candy is hands down, my favorite sign...and seeing it done by viv takes it to the next level!

Sara said...

I love cinnamon gummy bears too!

I enjoyed seeing how you spent Valentine's day. What a lovely family you are!

Sara