2.19.2009

Books

The library is one the best inventions ever, in my opinion. A building full of books that you can check out for free? Love it. The other day Viv and I wandered the aisles (leaving a trail of cheerios, I'm afraid) and I came home with a stack of books for myself. Anne of Green Gables, Creative Play for Your Baby and The Creative Family, among others. (Can you tell I'm trying to get inspired to work on my projects?)



Vivian loves books, and will gladly entertain herself by taking them off the shelf one by one, stopping to turn the pages and read. Her "reading" voice is always the same: a sing-songy babble that is quiet and comes from the back of her throat. I love it. I hope Vivian will always love books and that library adventures will continue on heavy rotation in our life.

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Brady loves books too and I love how he tells me a story when we read together. I can't understand a word he says but he's so expressive!

Isn't it wonderful to have children who love books??

Cynthia

angie said...

The third Anne of Green Gables movie was on last night and I found myself watching, and wondering why they would have deviated so far from the books - the books are so lovely. That third movie just should not have been made...but all other things Anne are so lovely!

Little Miss Evie said...

Vivian, I am so glad you love books. You do make a cute little book worm. I also love the art in your bathroom!! Quite beautiful.

Kristi said...

Oh, sweet Viv! You are too precious sitting there so intently reading your book.
We love books in this house, too!

Hannah, do you LOVE the smell in libraries and book stores? My favorite libraries are the really old ones (back east, esp.) where the smell of the books literally emanates from the walls and wood shelves! :-) Ok... I will stop!

Anonymous said...

Still stalking your blog and I still think that your little Vivian is so adorable...how cute is that, her sitting there reading her books!
Love from Sara and Maddie's Aunt Karen

Crystal M. said...

Very sweet!! Eva loves her books she loves to look at them and then throw them across the room...LOL!
Keep on reading!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Katie loves books too! Her favorite time at school is library time. Her interpreter has a hard time getting her to leave! :-)

Keep reading, Sweet Vivian!

AmyK said...

Elliot loves books too, guess a visit to the library would be a great idea...it just never occured to me since I did spend a fair bit of my life hating to read and loathing libraries. I was an adult when I 'discovered' the joy in reading. Once thing I miss about libraries is the old cards that were slipped in the front with names of who checked the book out last! Oh well. Giant HUGS to Viv the cutest little book-worm ever!

The Claytons said...

Such sweet pictures of her reading books. I bet it is such a sweet sound when she is reading them. Christopher loves books too but likes to read them upside down :D

The Clayton Family