1.10.2009

J in J : Post-Nap

This late afternoon I sat resting on the couch (doing nothing at all) while Vivian sort of napped. Her sort of nap consisted of vacillating between whimpering and telling stories; a little more whimpering and then back to animated storytelling. After I had rested sufficiently and Vivian was in a happy storytelling phase of her (non-) nap, I went in with the video camera to get her up. This was waiting for me:

7 comments:

Sara said...

How cute was that? I guess the girl wanted her pants off! :)

I love having a four year old, but I do miss times like this one. Thanks for getting it on video and sharing it. It is making me smile.

:) Sara

Kristi said...

OH MY GOODNESS! How cute IS she?! I watched four times!
I so LOVED hearing you talking to her :-) and I loved watching her react to you! She sure loves her mama! And all of it was a whole lotta joy!!!

Love,
Kristi

PS. Was the "up" sign a coincidence? Viv pointed both "pointers" up when you asked her if she wanted to get up...? Coincidence? Did you sign to her? Could she hear you...? I know not full speech sounds, etc... but it sure seemed like she was reacting to your voice!

Auntie Sarah said...

that is really funny- Her hands must be strong to pull her pants off while laying down! i also have watched this a handful of times.. I need my dose of Vivi :)

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

So, so cute!! Vivian's mannerisms remind me so much of Katie at that age!

angie said...

i love this! she had the twinkle in her eye!

Crystal M. said...

Eva does that all the time!! Its so funny. She also has the same toy on her crib sadly it needs new batteries.
Keep making mommy smile Ms. Vivian.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Catherine L said...

Absolutely delightful!!!