17 months! Oh, my! I know, it's so exciting, isn't it?
Getting wiggly in your brown chair photoshoot. You're in one of the outfits Grandma made you for Christmas, so you wiggle with style!


Trying to keep you from going overboard!
Other highlights from this month: You've got two working, breathing nostrils! Hip, hip for three successful surgeries! Hooray for them being over! You continue to chat a lot, you're getting better at keeping those hearing aids in (though the past couple of days have been a bit of a battle) and just in the past few days you've been scooting on your bottom to get around (still working on crawling). My favorite thing you've done in the past month: When we're driving around and your dad and I are laughing about something in the front seat, you'll start laughing in your carseat in back, wanting to join in the fun. It's hilarious. New signs this month: book, car, banana, apple, flower, teddy bear, tree, kiss, doll, clean, squirrel, grandpa, bath, elephant, crackers, cow, friend, cheese, mouse.
9 minutes {January 9, 2009 9:46 AM}










I set you in the middle of the carpet with some toys scattered around to see what you will move to. You scoot to your red piano - a few big scoots and you're there. You tap the keys happily. Your hand moves to the top of the red lacquer piano, taps a few times, then back to the keys. You push on the piano, working to topple it - but I intervene and keep it upright. Back to tickling the ivories. Ba ba ba ba.
You pivot toward other toys, then back to the piano. You pivot back to the hardwood floor, lean forward and kiss it. You continue pivoting until you've made a full rotation and are back to playing the piano.
You knock the piano over (I break its fall) and you still reach forward and press the keys, though they make no sound when it's on its side.
You pivot 360 degrees again, and reach for your farm puzzle. You take out the ducks and offer them to me. You continue to remove each animal and toss it behind you until they're all in a pile. You pick up the goat, say ba ba ba. Now you start trying to put the animals back into the puzzle. You sign "duck". You clap your hands. You pick up the sheep and add it to the pile on the puzzle.
You reach for a book, turn a few pages. Then the timer beeps. You stop, look up and then look toward the kitchen. You close your book. 9 minutes are up.
You pivot toward other toys, then back to the piano. You pivot back to the hardwood floor, lean forward and kiss it. You continue pivoting until you've made a full rotation and are back to playing the piano.
You knock the piano over (I break its fall) and you still reach forward and press the keys, though they make no sound when it's on its side.
You pivot 360 degrees again, and reach for your farm puzzle. You take out the ducks and offer them to me. You continue to remove each animal and toss it behind you until they're all in a pile. You pick up the goat, say ba ba ba. Now you start trying to put the animals back into the puzzle. You sign "duck". You clap your hands. You pick up the sheep and add it to the pile on the puzzle.
You reach for a book, turn a few pages. Then the timer beeps. You stop, look up and then look toward the kitchen. You close your book. 9 minutes are up.













8 comments:
Oh, 17 months... could it really be already? Happy 17 months Dear Vivian! I love peaking into these 9 minute windows. Your Mommy is so creative.
Big Loves and Hugs,
Erin
I want viv to teach me all those words!
I love her holding her toes in that picture, priceless! Can she please teach me all those words too! So totally awesome is she, I cannot believe she is 17 months!
Happy 17 month birthday sweet Vivian!!
Also I have to ask where did you find the piano, I see so many of you with them and I think Eva would love it.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
beautiful pictures with the piano and colourful outfit! i am quite envious of the piano, i must say. :)
ah... Reuben's favourite, the red piano! a lovely series of photos Hannah (and thanks for the Christmas card). I'm so behind on doing blogging so you've inspired me to get going ahead. Love Catherine x
Oh my... where to begin!
The outfit - soooo cute! Grandma is yet ANOTHER talented person in your world!
The brown chair - she's about to "toddle" out of it - what a rambunctious girlie you are, Viv! Makes me smile!
The signing - WOW! That's so many new words!!
The 9 minutes - I love it every month! Glad to see you weren't cranky this time, Viv! :-)
Also loved reading that you laugh with your Mom and Dad! And that you throw things behind you - - Gracie does that, too! We call it her "discard" pile! Maybe when you come to play farm, you guys can each make a discard pile behind you! That would be so fun! :-)
Happy 17 months, sweetie pie!
Love,
Kristi
I'm visiting from m'dear friend Jennifer's blog.
Vivian is so beautiful!
Post a Comment