Vivian has been moving, inch by inch. In the past five days we have seen her get more and more brave, more and more motivated to crawl. The first time we saw it, I turned to Vince and said Did she really just do that? blinking in amazement. Today she crawled her farthest yet - about 3 or 4 feet (no video camera at the ready). We are witnessing the pieces of this puzzle come together.
It's amazing to see Vivian pushing the boundaries of her comfort zone with such joie de vivre. She's doing hard work with such zest and determination (and sometimes some well earned whining!). Watching her reminds me to never stop pushing the boundaries of my own comfort zone, which is admittedly small, but ever widening. It reminds me that, yes, the work of life can be hard. But that hard work keeps life interesting and adventurous.
This video was taken after the "big crawl" today when my mom was visiting.
1.21.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Every little bit counts!! You keep going girl! So proud of you Vivian!
Madeline never crawled; she scooted on her butt. It was so cute. She didn't start scooting even until a year or so. I remember when she started to take her first steps (21 months) I had the same reaction you had, Hannah. I was like, "Did I just see what I thought I saw?" Such joy!!
Congrats!
Sara
Yay! She makes that hard work look so easy! I just loved watching her decide to roll over and take a well deserved break, I had to watch it again it just tickled me!
Yeah Vivian! You keep going, and tell momma to get on her running shoes. Saga and I have been loving all the pictures!
Yaaaay! That is so thrilling to watch!
AWESOME! :-)
I LOVE how she holds her head up!
That shows so many positives regarding her vision, hearing and motor planning.
A lot of kiddos crawl with their heads down, including Gracie Girl!
(I know... always throwing in my "Mama PT, OT, MD, PhD," two cents! I can't help it!)
YIPEE VIVIAN!!!!! :-)
love,
Kristi
PS... I love that you tell Viv, "Bravissimo!" :-)
Vivian! You're crawling sweet girl! My eyes have tears of happiness for you, Lil Bug. It was fun to watch you scoot, but crawling with your hands is so wonderful!! You are such a hard worker. Keep up the good work. We're all cheering for you.
Wow! Good job Vivian!
Stacy
Yay!! Go Viv!
Yay Vivian! Great crawling style! Jubilee's PT is still trying to get her to crawl on her hands and knees instead of her commando crawling.
Hooray! Go Vivian, go! You'll be leaving your mom and dad in the dust in no time. :)
Great job Ms Vivian!!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Vivian, look at you go!! I love all the pictures of you from this week, but this video especially brought a big smile to my face! You will be flying around the house in no time!
Agree with Kristi, her head control is wonderful!!! I know you'll appreciate the miracle of what you're seeing, and just continue to enjoy it because she's doing it so beautifully.
ps made me want to go back and relive the magic http://reubenjackdodd.blogspot.com/2008/07/learning-to-crawl.html
Post a Comment