1.19.2009

J in J : Ice Cream


We stopped in San Francisco on our way home from my sister's because it was another gloriously sunny and warm January day. Being the people that we are, we were ready for a snack. So we popped into Bi-Rite Creamery, an ice cream shop that's been on our "GO TO" list for some time now. Then we walked through Dolores Park before hopping in the car and heading the rest of the way home.

So here it is: amazing home made ice cream + a bench in the sunshine + one of my very favorite cities on the planet + my two favorite people = Joy in January.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are too precious. Look at Viv -- she is ready to devour that ice cream. :)

Kristi said...

Yummmmmmmy fun!
What a great way to end your joyous weekend!
love,
K

PS... do you think January will ever be the same for you after this year?! :) I think you've spun it for good!

Anonymous said...

Your J in J inspired me and we spent a beautiful morning in Half Moon Bay. Who would have thought in January!! Thanks for inspiring me!

Auntie Sarah said...

Haha we are SO related! ohh another yummy ice cream place in the city! do they have as good flavors as Mitchell's? Shorter lines at least? sounds like fun :) we had a great visit with you guys.. miss cuddling Miss Vivi already!

angie said...

yum...do i spy sun on your cheeks - what happiness!

Anonymous said...

j in j inspired me too! we spent some time playing in the grass this weekend.

what flavor did you get? :)

hannah m said...

Good question, Jenny! I love that you can get 2 flavors in your single scoop cup at Bi-Rite...so, of course, I did: Vanilla malt with peanut brittle and chocolate chunks AND cinnamon with snickerdoodle pieces (I love cinnamon ice cream, so I always order it when I see it somewhere!).

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Thanks for the smile!

Crystal M. said...

Yummy!! I am sure you both really enjoyed your tasty treat.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva