Today landed us in a sunny and bright downtown. I almost stayed on the highway for a spontaneous trip to the beach...but we found plenty of joy walking around in the winter sunshine.
Joyful:
-a visit to a great thrift store: a glass bell jar (for a terrarium project), stacking cups for Viv, 2 tins (another project), all for $1.89
-walking, walking, walking
-buying cupcakes for dessert from the cutest, most fabulous and buttery bakery (Vince and I are just about to dig in)
-Vivian blowing kisses to anyone who made eye contact with her
Not so joyful for Viv, but still kind of cute:
-At the downtown park, I sat Viv on the grass facing the fountain pictured above. She immediately burst into tears. I picked her up and she nestled into my chest. Still unsure that it was really the fountain upsetting her, I put her back on the grass and she immediately freaked out again. My poor baby! I guess she's not such a fan of the fountain. She practiced her standing, however, and definitely knows how to sign water now.
1.30.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh, poor Miss Viv. That makes me sad to think of her crying. :(
I love that she is learning new signs every day. What a sponge!
How jealous am I that I see you all in short sleeves in January. :)
Sounds like you had a lovely day!
Hugs, Sara
where are those scary fountains?
Ang - Los Gatos. And they are scary now that I look at the picture again. Mi pobrecita Vivi.
Kennedy used to cry just from being on grass - it was a sensory thing, she hated the feel of it (and sand, etc)...she eventually stopped hating it but it took a while.
I can't believe how warm and nice things look in your pics...we have about 5-6 feet of snow right now and are expecting another foot and a half Tuesday!!!
WOW!! I think I want to spend a day with you...LOL! You always find wonderful things to do. Also its so much warmer by you then us.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Post a Comment