1.04.2009

J in J : Crunch



Viv has started eating chunkier things in the past couple of weeks: It started with puffs, and now she's eating banana and avocado chunks, orzo pasta, cheerios (still cut in half - I'm nervous about choking).

I love watching Vivian feed herself. I love hearing the crunch as she bites the puff or cheerio with her front teeth. I love watching her little jaw move as she learns to chew. I love it when she offers a piece to me. And I even love it as I walk through the dining room and feel the crunch of spilled food underfoot - yes, we're now at the stage of spilled food - and I love it.

10 comments:

Victoria Nelson said...

Go, Vivian, go! Yeah baby! Can't wait to hear the crunches myself. Proud of you, sweet girl.
Love,
Victoria

Kristi said...

WOO HOO! That's so awesome, Vivian!
And, Hannah... thanks for giving me perspective about the crunches on the floor! I tell myself, in the midst of a MAJOR Preston "two" tantrums, that "this is what you hope and pray for... the normal stuff." I forgot, however, to apply it to the messes on the floor! :-) Thanks!

hannah m said...

K, my initial reaction was to stepping the mess on the floor was "arg!" - until I realized I long for these "typical" parenting things to complain about.

So, bring on the mess!

Carrie said...

I loved watching her eat puffs a few days ago - she was so into it! I think she'll be a foodie like you and her dad.

Anonymous said...

I too loved the perspective about "crunches" on the floor. Tomorrow morning at breakfast when I step on a Cheerio (because it isn't a matter of if, but when) I will smile because you are sooo right - what a beautiful and simple (and typical) parenting moment to savor.

-Libby

AmyK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AmyK said...

I'm with Carrie, she is so totally a foodie in the making! She savored those puffs and that banana, so adorable! You could tell she was thoroughly enjoying the combination of textures ;)

Anonymous said...

Yay for cheerios and other crunches!! How exciting that Viv is eating so many types of food -- she's just zooming along!

I love your idea of Joy in January and I can't wait to see the posts.

Anonymous said...

I just love this Little Foodie!! She is enjoying every bit! Thanks for spreading Joy in January! Very cute pictures Hannah! =)

Crystal M. said...

That is wonderful!! Eva does not chew yet and I do not know if she ever well.
Keep up the great work!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva