1.23.2009

J in J : Bird, Berries, Baby

Three Joyful Things:

1. This bird landed on our back fence early this morning. He sat there for about 10 minutes in the rain (yes, our January summer days are gone) - long enough for me to grab the big lens for the camera and then go wake up Vince so he could come see. Vince was told it was Sharp Shinned Hawk. I don't know what it was, but it was big and it had a mouse in its talons as it flew off. Stunning.


2. I love this goose measuring cup, which has three little goose friends that nest inside it. They sit on my kitchen counter and make me happy. Truthfully, they're hard to use when I'm cooking and baking, so they've been re-purposed as cute snack cups. Like today, with blackberries.

3. My friend Stacy and her husband, who I wrote about last summer, adopted a baby boy last month. Today was her baby shower - what a special celebration. I love their story.

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

Wow that hawk is very cool and the measuring cup is so cute!! Looks like something I would get.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva