12.30.2008

A Thank You Note of Sorts

My bloggy friend (bliend?) Sara, of Think Pink, along with her darling (and I mean darling!) daughter Madeline sent Vivian the sweetest gift: three specially made posies for Viv to wear in her hair - as a barrette or attached to a hearing aid headband. They are so, so perfect: a red one that Viv (and I!) wore on Christmas, a blue and brown one (Sara's a keen observer and noticed the colors in our living room that I love together!) and a pink and brown one because Sara and Madeline love pink (we do, too!).



The most special and meaningful part of this gift, of course, is the thoughtfulness, time and love that went into creating it. Sara is one of my sisters. The journeys we're on with our daughters are different, but we have so many common emotions and experiences that bond us. Sara's comments on my blog are full of thought and support - it's so easy to consider her a friend, though we've technically never met.

Thank you again, Sara and Madeline, for such a thoughtful gift!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too bad you and Sara don't live down the street from each other! I know you would just love her!...I do! I have followed your blog through Sara's (my niece). I think your little Vivian is so adorable!...just like my great niece, Madeline! God sent these children here for a reason!
Happy New Year!
Love,
Sara's Aunt Karen

Kristi said...

So stinkin' cute! :-)
BOTH the hair-do-dads and Miss Vivian! :-)
So very sweet of Sara and Madeline!

Happy New Year!!!
With love,
Kristi, John, Gracie and Preston

Sara said...

It was my true pleasure to make those flowers for Miss Vivian. A darling little girl should have something darling to put in her hair. I am so glad you like them!

And Hannah, I am so happy God led me to you this year. You are one of my sisters and I feel so blessed.

Happy New Year! Here's to 2009!

Love, Sara