Happy 16 months, Miss!
You were a little cranky today. You were also drooling A LOT. Teething on a birthday? Phooey.
The only way to keep you from pulling out your hearing aid or having a meltdown was to give you the lens cover from the camera - our first birthday photoshoot with accessories (that's what I get for waiting til 5PM to get started!)
Other highlights from this month: you point to your nose, belly button and toes when asked. You also will point to my nose, but that's not so hard to find (ha, ha). You continue to be brave and get up into four point kneeling and will move your arms forward on your own while Daddy or I move your legs. You had your choanal atresia surgery this month to open up your nasal passage - I continue to admire your strength and bravery, Sweet Bug. You're making the /m/ and /b/ sound a lot these days. New signs you've added to your repetiore this month: cat, shoes, duck, bird, pumpkin, all done, time (for "Signing Time"), mama!
9 minutes {December 9, 2008 5:25 PM}


You fuss a little. You talk - nananadadadayayaya (that's your talking face, above). You sign "time", asking for a "Signing Time" video - sorry, sweets, only once a day!
You open a book. You turn the pages, and stop to point at a dog picture. You talk as you turn the pages, telling yourself a little story, maybe? You touch and point to your belly. You point to the baby's nose. Dadadadadadadnanananandadadada. You look at me and sign "time" again.
You turn your attention back to page turning. You sign duck when you see the rubber duck on the page with the bath toys. You start turning the pages backwards. Dadadaiiiiiisssss. You nod your head. Lots of drool drips down your chin. You look in your mirror for a moment. You close the book on your big toe and fuss...but you figure it out, open the book and remove your big toe. You open the book again, find the dog and sign dog. Hanananana, you clap your hands.
You reach for your dog Muffin, hugging and patting her. You tap her nose and kiss her.
You pick up a catalog and look at it briefly. You point to your mouth, reach for your mirror and pull it close to your face.
You turn your attention to your puzzle, pull out a few pieces and bang them together. 9 minutes are up.
You open a book. You turn the pages, and stop to point at a dog picture. You talk as you turn the pages, telling yourself a little story, maybe? You touch and point to your belly. You point to the baby's nose. Dadadadadadadnanananandadadada. You look at me and sign "time" again.
You turn your attention back to page turning. You sign duck when you see the rubber duck on the page with the bath toys. You start turning the pages backwards. Dadadaiiiiiisssss. You nod your head. Lots of drool drips down your chin. You look in your mirror for a moment. You close the book on your big toe and fuss...but you figure it out, open the book and remove your big toe. You open the book again, find the dog and sign dog. Hanananana, you clap your hands.
You reach for your dog Muffin, hugging and patting her. You tap her nose and kiss her.
You pick up a catalog and look at it briefly. You point to your mouth, reach for your mirror and pull it close to your face.
You turn your attention to your puzzle, pull out a few pieces and bang them together. 9 minutes are up.















10 comments:
Hannah she is coming along so well with all of her signing and her communication skills. I wish lily were as far as her with that. Thank you for being such a great and caring friend to the Nelson's. I wish I could be out West with you guys some days!
Great job Vivian, you are adorable and wonderful.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
I like to read catalogs too vivian. you sure are a cutie.
Wow, Vivian! You are coming such a long way. I can't believe all the signs you are making and all sounds you are making too. I sure do enjoy reading the nine minutes that your mom documents every month. I wish I had done that when Madeline was your age.
You keep learning! I can't wait to see what you do next.
Look for something in the mail your way very soon!!!
Hugs, Sara
Look at those rosy cheeks like her Mama! I love seeing Vivi sign.. it shows she has so much comprehension and thinking going on in her mind. I cannot believe she is almost 1 1/2 years old! During Christmas, we can work on signs for Aunt Uncle and Grandma and Grandpa! Love you Vivi Divi Doo!!
Miss Vivian is such a smart girl!! I love the pictures of her exploring and thinking! I have been trying to catch Diego in action but once he sees the camera out he says "le me see."
Thank's for introducing yourself on Eve's blog. I love meeting other parents. Vivian is too cute!. I especially love the miss kissy face picture :)
I can't wait until Evie starts signing regularly. It must be sooo exciting.
Heather & Evie
P.S. I laughed so hard with your posts about Vivian's hearing aid. Eve and I used to have the out/in battles. I promise it does get easier :)
Look at you amazing girl! You rock! Happy Birthday!
Happy 16 months Vivian! What an amazing little girl you are. (And you obviously have a wonderful and hard-working mommy behind the scenes too!)
Oh goodness...she is doing so great! Seriously, I can't believe all the signs and appropriate recognition of pictures she is getting at that age. TREMENDOUS! Congratulations to all of you for your hard work and for such a smart and BEAUTIFUL lil' girl!
Post a Comment