11.18.2008

Today...


Babblin' about something...
+ ...I am bummed. Some of you know Vivian was scheduled to have her choanal atresia surgery tomorrow. It's been postponed now because she still has a cold. No word on a new surgery date. I'm bummed because I wanted to get this first surgery over with (there will be three in all, spread over a month's time). And now I'm worried about how I'm going to keep her healthy enough as we are getting into the thick of cold and flu season.

Out it comes. Again.
+...we are in my self-imposed hearing aid boot camp. I am determined to get Vivian in her hearing aid full time - my goal is that by New Year's Day that'll be the case. She has made so much progress in the past 5 days of my very determined Every time you take it out, I'll put it back in! mantra, which I say in my most sing-songy, annoying teacher voice each time she pulls it out. Care to join us? It's fun!

Chewing on her dress (teething again), wild hair and hearing aid. I adore this girl.
+...I am in dire need of some endorphins. I have not gone running in over a week. The only real reason to run is for the endorphins, in my opinion. And my other mantra these days (quoting my friend Ang, I think) is You need the endorphins, Hannah! Really, I need them a lot. So that's my goal for tomorrow: 6:15 wake up call, a jog at the park, and then take on the day. We'll see about that.

Front yard tree: I don't remember it being so beautiful.
+...I am enjoying our front yard tree, raining perfect autumn leaves on the sidewalk and front lawn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah- This is the company I worked for when I lived in Palo Alto: http://alaviefitness.com/view_camps.php?location=BASVDP

I started as a client and ended up an assistant coach. I miss it so much, being a boot camper. The women are fabulous and the experiences are so positive across the board. If you are ever interested I highly recommend them!

Auntie Sarah said...

Oh gosh I am sorry to hear she has another cold. I just started taking Pearls Immune formula Probiotics (after getting sick for the 4th time in 8 10 wks)... it has lactoferrin which is an ingredient in breast milk that helps strengthen babies' immune systems. Maybe a baby friendly probitotic w/ lactoferrin would help Vivi! Sending nose gunk clearing thoughts ! Love you lots- cant wait til Turkey Day <3 Sarah

Carrie said...

Bummer about the postponement! But bravo on the boot camp. Trying to outlast a willful toddler takes a lot of stamina, doesn't it?

Crystal M. said...

Sorry they had to postpone her surgery, I hate when that happens. I hope they can do it soon.
As for the hearing aid just keep trying, Eva has had hers since she was 8 months old and she is just now starting to keep it on, they just turned it up and I think she can hear better now and she is noticeing it more. Good luck with everything!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

LisaAnn said...

Sorry to hear it was postponed. Hopefully they will rescedule soon. I can imagine you using your well practiced teacher voice as a way to keep the hearing aids in. It will work, eventually. I love a baby with crazy hair!

AmyK said...

I love how you channeled your frustrtions into positive areas - baby bootcamp and running! You are awesome! I know you are disapointed and we will send good vibes hoping she feels better and it is rescheduled soon (but maybe now you'd rather it be after x-mas, so not too soon)!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Sorry to hear that Vivian's surgery was postponed. Not that we're ever anxious to send our babies into surgery, but sometimes you just want to get it out of the way--one less thing to worry about. Hope Vivian gets healthy and they reschedule it soon.

Victoria Nelson said...

Hannah,
Justin and I can't wait to meet our girl. So sorry surgery didn't work out. Just know we're thinking about you guys. Justin is still hiding the rest of your chocolate bars so that I can't have any. =)
Love you guys!
-Justin and Vic

Catherine L said...

Wild hairdo indeed! Fantastic, I love it. Viv'll give Reu a run for her money any day on the wild hair stakes. How gorgeous your tree. You're always surrounded by such beautiful nature in your home, whether it's the gorgeous pink blossom of Spring that I remember so clearly or the autumn fall. Those leaves against a crisp blue sky... nothing more beautiful in nature.

So sorry to hear about the surgery being postponed. We all share that same awful dilemna. The waiting... I sincerely feel for you and pray for her speedy recovery and for God's patient hands to be rested upon you.

Catherine L said...

PS I must ask where you got the lovely crib from. My folks lugged a very similar one back from the UK plus the mattress for Reu and we don't have the same opportunity for Callum but want something to match and Viv's white crib is so similar. Thanks Cx

Karen Rock said...

Hannah: You are such a positive influence! Viv will stop noticing the hearing aid one day...Some day she will be old enough to notice what a difference it makes. Sorry about the postponements on the surgery. You are in my thoughts and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and that Viv feels better in a heartbeat!

Karen and Lily