Judit has been Vivian's infant development teacher since June. She has come to the house five times a month and has brightened our day each time she rang the doorbell. We have been so, so blessed to have such a loving, warm and compassionate teacher for Vivian. Vivian lights up each time we open the door to see Judit standing on the porch with her box of tricks.
Vivian has thrived under Judit's careful planning and teaching: learning to sit, gaining strength in her trunk and legs, pointing and imitating. Their special relationship demonstrates what I have always known to be true: children learn best when they feel safe and secure and loved. It takes a gifted teacher to create this environment with such ease, and Judit is truly a gifted teacher.
Vivian wasn't Judit's only student; I was her student, too. She taught me so much about teaching my baby. She helped me develop beautiful "lesson plans" for Vivian so that her progress continued in between Judit's visits.
The school Judit worked for closed this month, and while I hold on to hope that she'll be able to stay in the area, it looks like she'll probably be moving to New York. Judit has set the bar exceptionally high, and I doubt anyone will ever be able to fill her shoes. Our time with Judit is an important part of Vivian's story because once again, it is the amazing people we meet along the way that make all the difference - and what a difference Judit has made! I never expected to be on this side of the teacher-parent relationship so early in parenthood, but now I understand to my core that an amazing teacher is a true gift!
We love you, Judit! Your loving care of our Vivian means the world to us.
11.30.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
What a great tribute to Miss Vivian's teacher! How did Vivian like the chocolate? Olivia did not like chocolate till she was almost two...I used to wonder was she really my daughter?
That is wonderful, I know all of Eva's EI therapists we miss so much. I sometimes want to call them and yell, "PLEASE COME BACK!!" They were my life savers and my life line to the outside world. I am glad you have her to help with Vivian and yourself.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
I hope she gets to stay on with you! What a tribute to her. I am sure she is just one of the first who will guide Vivian along the way.
I love these photos! After hearing so many wonderful things about Judit, it is fun to see her and Viv in action. I just wish she didn't have to go so soon...
I love her feeding choclate, excellent! I know how much she meant to you and will cross my fingers & toes she can stay in the area. As a new mom you don't know what you don't know adn it sounds like Judit was really able to help east that anxiety, amongst other wonderful things!
Some days with Lily the only adult contact I feel I get is with her therapists! She seems like a terrific help to you both so I hope she does get to stay and the area and continue!!
Post a Comment