11.09.2008

Dear Vivian {Month 15}


Happy 15 months, Sweet Vivian.


You are a really funny person. You laugh a lot. You do silly things that make others laugh a lot. That makes you really, really fun to be around.




The other day you started blowing kisses - dad taught you that!
Other highlights from this month: You have learned to rotate yourself around in the sitting position. You are getting braver and braver in the prone position - sometimes going up on all fours for a few seconds! Your ASL signing vocabulary now includes: milk, ball, dog, diaper (on two occasions you've signed diaper when you've had a dirty one that needed changing!), baby, more, eat/food, and hat. Possible, but not completely sure: dad, all done, mom, cat, light. I love you so much, my sweet!

9 minutes {November 9, 2008 2:04 PM}



We are in your bedroom and you are sitting on the carpet with a basket of toys next to you. I'm leaning up against the wall and watching you.



You pull out the blue ring and put it on your head a few times. Then you take it off and reach for the red ball. You tap the ball a few times, say your closed mouth /g/ sound, and then toss up the ball - it lands behind you. You get the yellow block from your basket and hold it really close to your face - you're staring at yourself in the little mirror on one side.



You pull your little pig and squeak it many times, sometimes with one hand, sometimes with two, like you're clapping with it. You spot the big stuffed animal dog, Mole (like the Mexican food, not the digging animal), behind you and point to it. You chew on your pig and then hold it out, offering it to me. /g/ sounds. Dad peeks into your room and you say /eh/ long and drawn out and smile. The blue ring is on your head again, then it's in your two hands and you're driving.



You reach into the basket, blow a raspberry, and pull out your rainbow ring. You chew on it and shake it to rattle it.



You set it down and pick up the yellow block again, looking in its mirror. You stop and look at me, making quiet sounds, your hands busy - are you signing me a story? You make the sign for more, then the sign for eat - this is the first time you've put the two words together independently - is this your first sentence? But you move on to other toys in the basket, apparently not hungry enough to stop playing.





You lean way, way forward, pick up a piece of fuzz from the carpet and inspect it. (You are so funny, my little human vacuum cleaner.) 9 minutes are up.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I so love visiting your blog on the 9th! :-) LOVE all those adorable photos of her, too! Such a ham!

The 9 minutes always bring such a smile to my face... a smile for Miss V and all that she does, a smile for you as the careful observer - you always manage to capture so much. I often think of you as I more carefully watch my kids play!

I am partial to Miss V and her 9th bday... Preston is a 9th (18 months today!) and I am a 9th as well (NOT 18 months today!)!

Can't wait to see what your BFD was, too! :-) After we settle in from the move, I am making that french toast from last month!

Throw some big smooches to the signing, yogurt eating, face squishing, blue ring wearing girlie! :-)

Love,
Kristi (and the Flock)

Crystal M. said...

Great job Vivian and happy 15 month birthday.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

Miss Vivian you are getting so big! What a cute big girl you are. I love that you love to make people laugh. You bring such joy! I am also amazed at your signing! You are amazing!

AmyK said...

Happy Birthday Miss Viv! You are blowing my mind with your signing! I can't wait to see you and hear that infectious giggle of yours! Love you sweet girl! Hannah, yet another special glimpse into your lovely days - thank you! XOXOXO

greta ott said...

vivian,
I am truly impressed by your signing abilities. Over breakfast, I was mentioning to tim that you know more words than malley, who is so just a little older than you. This is true, poor malley, third babies have it pretty tough.

xo
greta