...but I put off starting them. And then when I'm finally doing them, I wonder why I put off starting them. I love me some project time!
My friend Joan's neighbor-friend reads Benbo once in a while (hi, Jennifer!) and knows of my love of squirrels. She gave Joan a piece of squirrel fabric to deliver to me because she knew I'd love it. And boy do I! It's perfect - the colors, the print, the softness. I loved it so much I didn't know what to do with it: blanket? pillow? pants for Miss V? No, no, no. I finally decided on a message board because the thought of cutting the fabric pained me.
So I bought a couple of artists' canvases at Michaels Crafts (so cheap on sale : less than $10 for 2). I used quilters' batting I had leftover from past project endeavors and staple gunned it around the canvas. Then I stapled the beloved squirrel fabric and then criss-crossed ribbons and attached mini binder clips. It hangs in Viv's room now, and makes me very happy. Thanks, Jennifer!
Since I had the extra canvas, I made another board for the living room entryway. Viv picked out this bird fabric at the fabric store. I attached some old curtain rings at the bottom to hang things from. Viv loves to look at it from her play area in the living and point at the birds. Still working on the sign for bird.
10.06.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Yay for projects! I love the fabrics and I am quite impressed with your creativity and fun craft skills.
You are scary creative! I love your projects! They turned out super :)
Oh, Hannah, I do believe you have given me some inspiration for my kitchen picture/message board. I love the curtain rings. I may copy that idea for my board. Thank you!
I love your craftiness and I so agree with you. I just have to get into the project. Once I am into it I love it and can't wait to start another one. I just need more time!!
Sara
Jennifer and I made Benbo!! Love what you did with the fabric. I really wish I was more creative.
I forgot I wanted to reply to this post (mommy brain)! I love your projects, they always make me smile! I just need to know, where do you find the time?! You amaze me!
Those are great I love them, I might have to start some projects myself. I have so many with sewing and scrapbooking...LOL!
Keep it up!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Post a Comment