10.13.2008

New Family Tradition: Farmer John's and Duarte's on the Coast

Last year at this time we were rapidly approaching Vivian's original heart surgery date. So, with the exception of walks around the neighborhood and doctors' appointments, we stayed home in an effort to reduce the risk of sickness. So this year was our first annual day trip to the coast to celebrate Fall. You know I'm a sucker for tradition - and I think this one is here to stay.
















13 comments:

angie said...

pumpkin pictures are my favoritest!

Carrie said...

What a fun day! She keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Victoria Nelson said...

your pumpkin patches look way more fun! i've got a HUGE thing for traditions too. maybe you're MY other half =)
love you guys!
Victoria

Anonymous said...

One of our traditions is having a picnic lunch at the patch after we pick our pumpkin- but I really like the idea of getting pie!! Maybe this weekend I will pack a pie for dessert. =) Love the pictures!

greta ott said...

so cute!!
And I have recently realized that I love brussel sprouts. especially roasted ones.
so, I am a little jealous of your big stock.

you guys are cute!

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
What beautiful pictures, thank you!
So many of my favorite childhood memories are days spent on the Coast too.

Catherine L said...

The pumpkins look so tempting and I must say, brussel sprouts have never looked so good! we tried a pumpkin patch on Saturday but did an about turn when we discovered it was in a parking lot by a run down supermarket... not what I was expecting at my 1st insight into this American tradition.... ah well... guess I'd have to get out of LA for that!

Catherine L said...

PS love the 'burns Vince!

Catherine L said...

PPS didn't realise how fair Viv's hair is before

Sara said...

What a great new family tradition!! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures.

And Vivian was so signing ball! :)

Sara

LisaAnn said...

What a great family tradition! Can you not wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas and all of their tradition making opportunites.
Your girl always has a smile.

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

What a fun day!! Love the pic of Vivian signing "ball"!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! xoxo Susan