10.01.2008

Storytime


(Inspired by reading If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff with Miss Viv the other day.)


If you take a baby to Hawaii, she'll want to sit on the beach and look cute.

So you'll take her to Lanikai Beach (best beach on Oahu).



She'll probably get sandy and want to go down to the water with Daddy to rinse off.

The hot sun will make her thirsty. So you'll take her to Waiola Store for the best shave ice on the island (be sure to get your shave ice with a little vanilla ice cream in the bottom, but NOT THE AZUKI BEANS!).


She'll cool off considerably from the shave ice and be ready for more adventure. So you'll take her on a hike at Manoa Falls in the warm, steamy and fresh green jungle.





Chances are, the hike will make her hot and hungry, so you'll take her to the North Shore for some more shave ice at the famous Matsumoto's.




While you're at the North Shore, you'll visit Turtle Beach, of course, and its resident honu (sea turtles). You'll feel so blessed to have these amazing creatures brush past your leg as you stand in the water.




After all that, she'll probably be peckish again, so it's off to dinner with the Aunties, Jennifer and Wendy. She'll be serenaded Hawaiian style at the table on the beach.



The sound of the ocean waves will remind her that she's in Hawaii. So she'll probably ask to go sit on the beach again, just so she can look cute.


The end

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the story to Olivia and she said "Mama, Its like Give a Pig a Party." Nice work Hannah! Love the pictures - especially of Mama and Vivian in the rainforest and the cute little bikini girl!

Victoria Nelson said...

Really, truly, you are the most creative person I know. I LOVE this! It's people like you who put my blog to shame ;-)
Kiss our Viv.
Love,
Victoria and Moriah

Michele said...

Aww love the pics!

Sara said...

Oh goodness, this is so cute, Hannah! I love it. Are you going to make it into a book? You can do that with your pictures nowadays. What a great momento that would be.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the first picture of Miss Viv in her pink hat and bikini on the beach!!!! That is the cutest!

Very creative--I love it!

Sara

Carrie said...

Wonderful! I love it. Looks like it was a great vacation.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT, Hannah! You are so creative! xo Susan :-)

Sara said...

Seriously, I keep coming back to your site just so I can see Miss Viv in her pink hat and bikini on the beach.......did I tell you I LOVE this picture? Your Vivian has a place in my heart.....as you do, too, Hannah. :)

Sara

angie said...

If you give a Hannah a blog...she does amazingly creative things and you end up with pretty pictures of viv in the cutest bathing suit ever!

Kristi said...

OH SO STINKIN' CUTE!
LOVE IT... Love your bikini, Miss V. Love the shots on the beach. Love the adoring look that Viv gives her Mama. Love the photo of Vince and Viv in the water. Love your creativity, Hannah. LOVE IT ALL!!!
I am telling you now (and will give full credit to you when the time comes) I am so doing this same thing at some point! :) Brilliant idea!
I second Sara - - a book would be a great idea! (Shutterfly books turn out fabulous, FYI!)
Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

LisaAnn said...

When I saw the photo of Vivian wearing a hat and her bikini I just laughed out loud because it is so darn cute! I also love the photo of the two of you with matching smiles. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

AmyK said...

I love it! I need this book in print! Elliot and will read this at bedtime tonight! Glad you enjoyed your tropical getaway!

greta ott said...

so cute! looks like you all had some fun!

Crystal M. said...

We love the "If you give a..." books we have a few. Wonderful pictures and what a wonderful trip I am still so super jealous. We go on vaction in 9 days to Florida, its not Hawaii but its also not here in Illinois where its now getting cold...LOL!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Adam said...

So cute! Love the narrative. Can't wait to see you guys Saturday and have Vivian meet Brandon!

Auntie Sarah said...

I love these photos SO much! It looks like Vivi got her fill of shaved ice in Maui.. and the photo of you and her hiking in the woodsy area is beautiful- you have a healthy glow about you.
Check out reviews for the new Cevicheria in SF- "La Mar"... http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-mar-cebicheria-peruana-san-francisco-2?rpp=40&sort_by=rating_desc Renowned Peruvian chef. SOund tempting to you guys? Maybe next weekend. <3 Sarah

Anonymous said...

Here I am again- reading the story aloud to Olivia....do you think I could put it down on her reading log?

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

How cute!! Could you pass a little of your creativity my way? :-)

I'm not sure what is more beautiful in these pictures--the Hawaiian scenery or Miss Vivian. I believe Miss Vivian wins, though! :-)

Leslie & Katie