Happy 14 months, dearheart! It's been a big month: swallowing sweet potatoes, signing milk and ball, saying dadada and nananana. It's been really lovely.
Each day is better than the next. What a gift you are!
9 minutes {October 9, 2008 3:25 PM}
You are sitting on the carpet. You reach into the basket next to you and pull out your Hawaiian turtle, your honu. First you hold it out to me (such a kind offer of sharing you've been exhibiting lately, thank you!). When I don't take it, you put the turtle's fin in your mouth and chomp away (that pesky tooth still hasn't pushed through!). You shake your head and then do your fake cough (the latest in your comedy routine - you are one hilarious baby). You reach in and pull out your pig, drop it back in the basket and find your Peruvian squirrel.That goes back in the basket (are you practicing putting away your toys already?!), and you pull out your little barn. You open and close the velcro door a few times (you just learned how to do that).
You pick up the goose finger puppet and chomp on its beak before putting it back in the basket.
You reach for your ball with the cut out shapes and set out to gather the yellow plastic shapes that go with it. You have the square in one hand and the oval in the other. You chew on the square and then point to me with it in your hand. You shake your head and smile again. You grit your teeth (ay yay yay, worse than fingernails on a chalkboard for me!). You try to put the square in the plus-shaped cutout. It doesn't go through, so you try again. You turn the ball around in your lap and try to put the square in another hole.
You see the pig in front of you, shake it and put it back into the basket. You find your frog rattle and hold it out for me. When I don't take it from you, you go to town chewing on the velcro. You pick up the Peruvian squirrel and put it back in the basket.
You pick up the tea towel and cover your face for peek-a-boo!
The timer beeps. You look towards the kitchen, but this time no cookies wait for us in the oven, no pot needs to be stirred. 9 minutes are up.










5 comments:
Wow what a great Mother's helper she will be- already putting her toys away! I looove the owl shirt she is wearing... I am obsessed with owls lately, did I tell you that? reminds me of childhood. Loved visiting on Sunday and eating yummy Yogurt! When are you coming to pick apples? I found a place near Graton... i will give u the 411 .. <3 Tia Tata
What a sweetheart doing all kinds of great thing now. Happy 14 months!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
What a sweetie Vivi is offering to share! Miss thing, you always have the cutest outfits!
I loved hearing about these 9 minutes, Hannah! I never knew that 9 minutes could hold so much activity! xoxo Susan :-)
I really do love this "9 minute" series you are doing! I knew I had missed the 9th while out of town and couldn't wait to read what Miss V has been doing with her time! :-)
Such the helper, she is! She and Preston could clean up a room together in no time - - he loves to tidy up! :-)
This might be bittersweet for you, but I love that the brown chair becomes less and less noticeable each month. She looks like she's getting bigger and bigger! :-)
Post a Comment