7.17.2008

A Week in the Life {Thursday}

6:30AM Alarm goes off. Hit snooze. It was a rough night with not much sleep for me; Vivian slept peacefully all night, though! She's such a good sleeper (touch wood).

6:45 Get up to put in contacts and make bottle. Come back to get Vivian, who is awake and this is how she looks, waiting for me to get up and feed her:

Oh my goodness, she cracks me up. Relaxed enough, darling? Her feet are up over the side of her co-sleeper and lounging on our bed. Feed the baby.

7:30 Head out the door for a morning walk with a friend and her baby. With coffee this morning. Explore a new-to-me neighborhood.

8:30 Home again. Finish feeding Vivian. Eat some blueberries. Make a bowl of cheerios with blueberries. But at first bite, I want to spit it out. Bad milk? It couldn't have been formula this time; I make Viv's bottles bottle by bottle these days. Throw it out, but salvage those gorgeous blueberries. Say goodbye to Daddy for the day.

9:00 Put Viv down for a nap. Shower. She's not sounding happy when I get out. Check on her and suspect a dirty diaper. Change it. Not interested in napping after the excitement of the changing table. Play. Do some "homework" from Viv's infant development teacher - banging sticks with bells together to practice symmetrical arm movement - but all Vivian wants to do is eat the bells! I laugh because she gets all excited seeing the sticks, and as soon as it's in her hand she opens her mouth like the gold jingle bell is THE MOST DELICIOUS, COVETED treat in the world. I long for her to open her mouth like that when there's food on a spoon.

10:00 Leave for library's baby lapsit program. Feed Vivian in the library as the program starts. She falls asleep on my shoulder - I knew that would happen, of course, after no morning nap. I still sing and play with my friends' babies. I can't resist singing The Wheels on the Bus.

11:30 Do a couple of errands on the way home. Errands make me cranky. Big Lots is disgusting (I was looking for cheap pots for the garden and maybe a cheap table umbrella). It was full of mess and more mess. I couldn't concentrate. So we left.

1:00 Eat some beef jerky and feed Miss Thang. She falls asleep for a nap.

1:20 I busy myself assembling a friend's bridal tea favors: Aunt Augusta's sugar cookies and a packet of Lady Grey tea with a tag that says Love is Brewing!

3:00 Viv wakes up. We play, play. I wrap some gifts while we play, play.

4:00 Viv eats again. Bath. Tummy/Pirate time. Fold laundry. Start packing for an overnight trip we're taking tomorrow - we're going to stay with my aunt and uncle and then I'll go to my friend's bridal tea on Saturday. Eat some blueberries. Am really, really tired. Would love to nap. Yawn and play with Vivian rather absentmindedly.

6:00 She's tired again. Nap with little pug blanket. I play catch-up with this post. I forget so quickly - I've already been back to add details.

7:00 Viv wakes up, water garden with her in Bjorn. I popped into OSH after the dreaded Big Lots and got a water wand for my garden...oh, water wand, how did I garden without you? Feed Vivian.

7:30 Vince home. Hot dog and salad for dinner. Watched Project Runway season premiere, which surprised me in our TIVO. Hip, hip! Viv in exersaucer making lots of happy noise.

8:30 Dessert: blueberries and a peach topped with vanilla ice cream. Vivian laid next to me and seemed so happy that her mama was eating dessert. I do it to set a good example, you know.

8:45 Do another part of "homework" - practice the scoot. Daddy enticed her at one end of the rug with toys, I put her body through the motions. She was very proud each time she got to dad.

9:10 I am exhausted. I'm supposed to go running tomorrow morning. We'll see if that happens. For now, I'm going to bed and will hopefully be asleep by the time the According to Jim theme song comes on. (Oh, didn't I mention According to Jim is the new Golden Girls (saw them all) is the new Mama's Family? I had never heard of this sitcom, but it meets all of my pre-sleep criteria.)

4 comments:

AmyK said...

What a wonderful surprise to check in with Benbo and have almost a week to read about! What fun (and how exhausting) it is to have a window into your day!

angie said...

those cookies bundles are darling!!

...and as for according to jim, courtney thorne-smith (i think her name) went to peninsula!

Anonymous said...

I love the cookies! What a cute idea! I have also enjoyed reading about your week. Can't wait to see Miss Vivian soon!

Auntie Sarah said...

Are the wedding cookie bags for Jennifer? so cute. who can resist Aunt Augusta's sugar cookies. Those sound SO good right now....