7.18.2008

A Week in the Life {Friday}

6:00 AM Alarm goes off. Blah. Viv's talking, but still sleeping. Talking in her sleep?!? Uhhh, Uh, Uhhhh, Uhhhhhh (that's what she sounds like).

6:10 Drag my butt out of bed.

6:15 Out the door with some semblance of exercise wear and unbrushed teeth. Jog at the park. Want to quit after half a loop, but keep going. Listen to Sara Bareilles.

6:50 Back home. Babe is still snoozing - so I make coffe
e, make her bottle, take a quick shower.

7:10 Vivian wakes up. Feed her while checking email and blogs I read. Play with balls (and practice ASL sign for ball). Knock blocks together - new skill in the past couple of weeks. Finish feeding.

8:15 Finally change the batteries in her mobile (I've been meaning to do that for over 2 weeks). She's content in crib, so I leave her to re-bond with her bug mobile and finish getting ready

8:40 Vivian's asleep. I dry hair, finish packing, start loading up the car for our trip to Sacramento. Trying to pack light.

9:30 I hear Vivian is awake, playing happily in her crib. Feed...not interested.

10:00 Head to grand opening of Babies R Us with a friend. Finally, we have one closer than 20 miles in either direction. It was a zoo, but I got a couple of things we needed. Vivian drank most of her bottle in her carseat (which was on top of the shopping cart). This was a first. Yay!

11:30 Home. Eat beef jerky. Play, play as I double check to make sure I've packed adequately.

12:15 Road trip! We're heading out to Sacramento. So the rest of our day will entail: driving, visiting with family, eating, diaper changing, more playing, etc.

This "Week in the Life" was fun - I know I'll be glad I did it - but I don't have time for this much blogging! Ready for a little break, so:
Happy Weekend!xxxxxS (<----- that was typed by Vivian! She's sending her readers kisses!)

4 comments:

angie said...

have fun in sacramento! i just left a comment and viola there is a new post!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip to Sac! Enjoy your time with family and at the shower-fun, fun! =)

Sarah Markley said...

Beautiful!!! i enjoyed reading how someone else spends their day. great idea.

Anonymous said...

This is totally unrelated, but I wanted to share this "day in my life" story with your Benbo readers...My daughter (a former student of Vivian's lovely mother's) and I were discussing a plot summary of Roald Dahl's "Mathilda".
Me: "Miss Honey - what a good name for a nice teacher, isn't it?" Sarah: "Mrs. Maniago. Now THAT'S a good name for a nice teacher!"
xoxo