7.12.2008

Happy Birthday, Hobo

The word hobo is very popular in our house. For about a year before Vivian was born, Vince called me Hobo almost exclusively (remember, he loves a nickname). It's hard to explain why we love the word so much, but there's just a lot of hobo love in these parts. Suffice it to say, I truly hope to make it to Britt, Iowa one August to bear witness to the National Hobo Convention.



Today was Vince's birthday. I hosted a hobo birthday party: hobo punch served in canning jars, hobo brisket (BBQed perfectly by the birthday hobo himself), potatoes cooked in hobo packs, baked beans and Santa Rosa Plum cobbler in a cast iron skillet. Good times.




Happy Birthday to my favorite hobo, my husband. Viv and I love you so much!

2 comments:

Auntie Sarah said...

How cute- I <3 the themed BDay party. Ooh yum SR Plum cobbler- delish! I just bought about 4 lbs of SR plums yesterday at our Farmers Market- going to eat some and use the rest to make Plum Jam! Since the season for SR Plums is so short (like 3 weeks?) I figured.. what better way to enjoy them any time of the year, right? Happy Birthday Vince! We hope to see you all SOON! we miss our sobrina lots!

Anonymous said...

Hannah-when I first saw this post ...embarrassed to say...I wondered why the love for Hobo?? Then I saw "Kit Kittredge, The American Girl Movie" and I totally love and appreciate your party!! So fun! This is a movie you will have to add to your Netflix when it comes out on DVD. You are too cute!! Happy Very Belated Birthday Vince!!