6.18.2008

Leather

I decided to take the cushion covers off our couch and go beyond spot cleaning - to actually wash them free of 10 months of formula drippings and living. I washed on cold, dried on low.

Getting those cushions back into the covers was ridiculous. As in, I think I shrunk (shrank?) the covers. I managed to wrangle them on, but it was a cardiovascular workout. Vivian laughed at me as I pushed and pulled and kicked.

If I were to make a list of things to know before baby, buy a leather sofa would now be high on the list. I would also add a small paragraph titled run the dishwasher every day and other eco-unfriendly things that will contribute to your sanity.

Anything your 20/20 hindsight would contirubute to the list?

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your couch!

Hmm... I think I would live in a house with padded walls and floors, where all cabinets had locking latches and all the power outlets were 5 feet above the ground, and all furniture was padded - no wood. (I am so sick of childproofing...)

Anonymous said...

Wipes! They are not environment friendly but they can clean up anything and anyone!

Mindy and Tyler said...

man I wish I had a leather couch. the older these kiddos get, the more they trash it.

Anonymous said...

Children don't actually need to bathe very often. And they never (unless they've put gum into it) need to wash their hair with anything more than water. Really. Just an all-water bath about once a week, plus washing face and hands after every meal, and you're good to go.