6.16.2008

Eagle vs. Shark

I kind of have movie ADD - movies watched at home are nearly impossible for me to pay attention to (this was a pre-Vivian issue). The theater is fine...but at home I'm so easily distracted.



A month or two ago, Vince brought home this movie for me: Eagle vs. Shark. And I have probably thought about it every day since. Not that it's particularly deep or even that thought provoking. But I love a movie that's all about the character development. I adored the main characters: Jarrod (Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords if you happen to watch that) and Lily. This movie held my attention from start to finish and I can't wait to watch it again (almost unheard of for me).

It has rekindled our love of Flight of the Conchords and all things New Zealand. As in, Vince and I cannot stop talking in New Zealand accents about sheep and Anzac cookies and eagles and sharks. And other things, too, like what Vince had for lunch and the cute thing that Viv did after her nap.

I don't want to build it up too much, but I'd be curious to know what you thought of it if you've seen it or if you put it in your Netflix cue for the weekend.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I put it at the top of the queue. I love Jemaine! And I have the same problem with the ADD. I blame TiVo - it's easy to zone out when you can always rewind.

Anonymous said...

I can't watch anything till the kids are in bed (and still I find my brain wandering to all the things I should be doing rather that watching tv-or worse I fall asleep) Camilo will comment and I will have to rewind the TiVo because I missed it. I will have to rent this one!

Vince said...

Big Thanks to the very brilliant Phil for the RECO!

Emily K said...

I LOVE this movie!! Shuja and I netflixed it this past winter when in Flight of the Con withdrawl. So silly and lovely!