6.11.2008

Capturing Moments {Monday the 9th}



+ A dove family of 3 was hanging out on our back deck all day.

+ I bought peonies for Vivian and myself. They are my favorite flower, yes, but I forget how much I love watching them evolve from tight little balls to the most gorgeous flower on the planet. (Trader Joe's has them - get 'em while you can!)

+ I ate a chocolate chip milkshake for lunch. OK, I had a sandwich on the side, but we all know it's all about the milkshake. And the good company.



+ Dinner at Rossotti's, the family summer hangout of my childhood. Grilled cheese (open face, with ketchup - I'm very particular), the best fries and the best ambiance I know. No trips down to the creek to look for tadpoles or baby frogs this time (difficult while holding a baby), but we spotted a coyote in the field beyond the creek. I was so happy to be here with my little family - it was on the 2008 list, and I know the summer ahead is full of return trips.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds like a lovely day! I LOVE the fries there. I haven't been back in a long time. We rode horses there every once in awhile.

Auntie Sarah said...

Yay Rossotti's! it sounds like you had an awesome bday... Cant wait for the first day of Summer: Ice cream for Dinner!

angie said...

what a happy birthday! and i love those peonies!

Anonymous said...

We'd love to meet you at "Zots" some time - my parents used to go there on dates so it has a very special place in my heart, too, and we live pretty close by.