It would have been my Grandma Vivian's 90th birthday today.
Happy Birthday, Grandma. I think of you each day - as my little Vivian exhibits the sweetness, feistiness, love of life and spunk that I so admired in you. Your wonderful spirit is never far from my heart.
I love this photo of my grandma. It was the early 1940s, and she was living in Hawaii when she had her first baby (my aunt). This picture captures Grandma nearing the end of her first year of motherhood, similar to where I am in time right now. I see a lot of myself when I look at this photo.
5.12.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Oh my goodness! Thank you for posting this- the beginning of May I remembered how old Grandma would be- I think of her so much still, as I know you do. I am sure her heart soars every time anybody says Vivi's name! I plan to light a candle in Grandma Vivi's memory today. It was great seeing you all this weekend! (btw- you do look a lot like Gma in this photo) <3 S
Wow! I thought that was you in the picture - what an amazing similarity. She's glowing just like you!
You look a lot like her!!!!
Hannah,
I remembered Grandmother's birthday too, although I didn't realize she would have been 90. Thanks for sharing the picture, it brought a smile to my face. And I have to agree with you, I definitely see you when I see her (a compliment to be sure).
Donna
WOW, the similarity is amazing - you carry her in your heart and your smile :)
What a great picture-there is a lot of resemblance between you and Grandma Vivian! How neat to share that with Miss Vivian!
holy hockey stick!
I saw this and thought, wow vivian sure looks different, where are they now? .... then I read and realize that it wasn't you...
cute photo.
That is amazing. I thought that was a picture of you! I love this photograph!
Post a Comment