Or maybe it's been ten. I think I did week eight twice. In any event, I've completed the couch to 5K program.
My running routine has evolved over the weeks. I now roll out of bed at around 6-ish in the AM a few mornings a week. I leave Miss Viv and Vince to slumber and I walk, half asleep, down the street to the school and park. My old-lady knees were not taking kindly to the streets, and let's be honest, it's much easier to jog without pushing the jogging stroller. I huff and puff in an imperfect oval, crossing paths with the early morning neighborhood usuals: dog walkers, overfed park dwelling squirrels, tai chi practitioners, the octogenarian who walks gingerly and always says good morning to me with a warm smile and a bowed head.
When I want to stop, I think of Vivian. I say to myself I am so blessed to have this healthy body that can jog even though it's hard for me. I think of going home to make my coffee and eat my cereal topped with banana.
I am still a very s l o w jogger. Quite honestly, I probably walk faster than I jog. But that's ok. I have no need for speed. It's the feeling I have when I'm finished that I crave. The feeling that I can take on the day, joyfully and energetically. That is a gift I give my family and myself.
5.14.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Good for you Hannah! You are an inspiration!
Wow, that was fast! Congratulations.
Does this mean you'll sleep in with us til 7ish every morning now?
Congrats Hannah!! Now you're ready to sign up for you first 5k. There are tons of them in the local area, pick one and the Perez's will join you.
Don't worry, I often tell myself "there is no shame in walking!"
you rock!
I am impressed!
Awesome!
anna
wow! you are so awesome. i can barely make it through the day right now.
Hannah,
I'm impressed! When you first mentioned couch to 5k I thought to myself, "Hey, that's something I can do." Do you think I followed through? No, I didn't. Congratulations for not only starting the program, but for finishing it. Vince and Vivian are blessed!
Donna
Post a Comment