4.20.2008

A Year and 5 Days Ago / A Year Ago

A year and 5 days ago, we found out our little Benbo was a girl. At the previous ultrasound, Benbo had looked like a kidney bean. Now we could see the little details that made her look like a baby. It was a really happy time.

A year ago today, I felt my little sweetie kick me for the first time - a kick strong enough that I knew it wasn't gas. It was a baby.

So much has happened in a year.

most people don't
know there are
angels whose only
job is to make sure
you don't get too
comfortable & fall
asleep & miss your
life

-Brian Andreas
(Thank you, my sweet Vivian.)

5 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

What a precious post remembering your little one in the womb. Such tender days were they. Your love for your daughter is so evident.

Anonymous said...

I love the poem!! Vivian is an angel indeed!!

and think it is wonderful that you have kept a record of all the special dates...unfortunately I have not.

Carrie said...

Love the poem.

Auntie Sarah said...

<3 <3oh my gosh i fell in love with brian andreas' work when i worked at Spirals in D.T. Palo Alto... i sadly forgot i had it on my bookshelf. thank you for helping me find a lonely book on my shelf!

One of my favorites is from "mostly true" from 1993, entitled ' Waiting for Signs': "I used to wait for a sign, she said, before I did anything. Then one night I had a dream & an angel in black tights came to me & said, You can start any time now & then I asked is this a sign? & the angel started laughing & I woke up.
Now, I think the whole world is filled with signs, but if there's no laughter, I know they're not for me."

Isn't that the truth? And yes your love for Vivi is so palpable.

Kristi said...

Hannah,
Thank you so much for your kind words on our blog. I have just spent a chunk of time going through different sections of yours... it's simply exquisite. What a gift this is to Vivian, you and your husband. A chronicle of thoughts and memories... and your feelings as they are in that exact moment... something that time slowly alters even when we don't realize it. I wish I had the time to go through it all - - but I will be a "regular" now, if that's okay.
Again, thank you for your words on ours... I am so glad you posted :).
I look forward to following your journey with Vivian.

Kristi

PS I love the monthly notes to Vivian... precious. And yes, we have been referred to Dr. Koltai... small world, isn't it?