3.20.2008

Dear Spring,

I love you. I really, truly do. And I am so glad you have officially arrived.

To celebrate your arrival, I will eat cupcakes with girlfriends today. I will make "Ode to Spring Risotto" tonight for dinner. I might even sip a small glass of champagne with that dinner.

I am so happy that you and Vivian will start getting acquainted. Because you are a season of lush green, pops of pink, bright yellow. You are a season of hope. And joy. And you always come in the nick of time. You have proven to be a sure-fire cure for melancholy in years gone by. You are delightful.

Here are some words I love, all about you, dear spring:







Welcome back.
love-
*hannah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I agree. Spring always comes just in time!! And a full moon now to boot!
Your risotto looks yummy. It would be fun to also make the classic pasta dish named after Springtime "Pasta Primavera". I love it! Primavera literally means "first look"..isn't that so perfect? Another first look at nature's banquet table, another rebirth of the Earth.
It will also be Vivi's first look at this wonderful season! Enjoy!

hannah m said...

Oh,my goodness, Lorraine, wasn't the moon spectacular last night? Stunning!

I LOVE the word primavera. I love the "Primavera" section of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" concerto. And the risotto I made last night might pass for Risotto Primavera--full of bright green peas, spinach and meyer lemon. Mmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for spring! We have been lucky to have a sunny week of spring vacation filled with playing at the park, relaxing in the sunny backyard and even a trip to the beach-wind free!!