3.27.2008

About a Wednesday Afternoon (And a Plethora of Parentheses)



Yesterday afternoon Vivian took me out for ice cream. Wasn't that sweet of her? She even let me get it in a waffle bowl, dipped in chocolate WITH rainbow sprinkles. She's quite a gal, that one. (You see, I had ordered the exact same treat last Friday night, and dropped the entire uneaten thing in the parking lot while getting into the car. Splat. It was ridiculous. And like a petulant child, I refused to go back in and order a another one to replace it. Vince bought some ice cream at the store to try and cheer me up and I begrudgingly ate some at home.)

Anyhow, yesterday after we walked home from the ice cream shop (I felt totally sick, by the way. Note to self: do not order ice cream in waffle bowls dipped in chocolate WITH rainbow sprinkles, even if your daughter says it's OK), we sat in the backyard (did I mention I finally got around to calling the gardener? He did such a good job with our disastrous yard, and now I feel like a new woman! Leaves be gone! Grass be mowed! Aaaaaah). Viv and I cuddled in the lounge chair and blew bubbles (too windy) and waited and waited for the squirrels. But they didn't come. (You'll have to wait to see that squirrel magic, for it was at this time last year that I discovered the fancy and crazy squirrels that hang out in my favorite backyard tree. I am working on capturing a bit of that magic on film, so maybe you'll understand why I'm so smitten with these darn squirrels.)

5 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

So beautiful. And the last picture seems to capture it all. =)

That ice cream sounds so good right now.

AmyK said...

You two are so super sweet (I mean you can Vivi, that is...not you and the ice cream - haha!)

Auntie Sarah said...

I love the photo with the 2 sets of feet, and the bubble wand to the side! how classic.......Maybe next time you need a sundae buddy? Too bad Vivi isn't eating solids yet (or I wasn't nearby :)

angie said...

i spy new running shoes!

and thank you for the smile the came as i read all of your cute words!

Michele said...

I love the pic of you two!