The squirrels LOVE these leaves with seeds in them:
And they will do crazy acrobatics to get to them. I don't even know what kind of tree this is (is anyone good at identifying trees?) but its beauty is one of the main reasons I wanted this house. After these little squirrel delicacies are all eaten, big ol' fresh green leaves will create a shady backyard for all of the summer season. (And then it will provide mountains of leaves to be blown away by a kind, patient gardener.)
These words from another favorite e.e. cummings poem popped into my head as I stood there with the sun coming up and the squirrels doing their thing, and I just have to share them (Happy Friday to you!):


3 comments:
I love the birds chirping in the background- that's my favorite morning noise. I love to open the bedroom window and listen to their chitter chatter. When I got married I soon learned Camilo doesn't care for thier sweer sound-he pulls the pillow over his head in an attempt to drown them out.
i mean sweet sound...hope you have not spent too much time looking up the word sweer. =)
That's funny, Joan! Nope, didn't even catch that one! :-)
Post a Comment