1.05.2008

Tonight + A Year Ago Tonight

Tonight I came home from the madness of running a few errands (the fluorescent lights of Target and Macy's made me sicker than ever) and the house smelled scrumptious. Vince was roasting slices of meyer lemon (from our little tree!) in the oven for...are you ready for this?...roasted meyer lemon drop martinis! I kid you not. My darling husband also made me the most delicious sandwich with fresh mozzarella, roasted bell peppers, mortadella and balsamic vinegar. Yes, I adore the man I married.

First Saturday in January, 2008

A year ago tonight, I took a pregnancy test because I just had to know. Vince and I had agreed we wouldn't go crazy with the pregnancy tests--it was our first month "trying" (I hate that term--is there a less annoying way to say that?) and who knew how long it would take to get pregnant? But I had already spent several days quietly wondering, and I just wanted to put my mind to rest. So, I peed on the stick, waited a few minutes, and saw the line that meant that, yes, I was starting 2007 knocked up! Vince, on the other hand, saw the line, didn't believe it meant I was pregnant (even though I had read the directions carefully), and immediately went to flickr to search for photos tagged with "ept pregnancy test." Only then did he believe the test was positive. If you know Vince in real life, then you can appreciate how hilariously him this is. Again, I adore the man I married. And what a beautiful way 2007 started for us. Joyously pregnant.

First Saturday in January, 2007

But, tonight was pretty awesome, too.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy preg-o-versary!

AmyK said...

That is excellent Carrie! I second that! How soon can I get a sip of that fabulous cocktail?!

hannah m said...

Oh, I'm sure Vince will whip one up for you at your command (You would LOVE, it by the by)! We'll just have to cheat and buy lemons soon--only two left on our little tree!