Baby, it's cold outside. And while I'd love to be roasting on a Mexican beach, I'll settle for my most recent culinary obsession: roasting. Vegetables, specifically.
It all started with the brussel sprout. When roasted to perfection, it is, dare I say, better than a french fry any day. And now I can't get enough roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Scrump-tious. (Seriously, I'm drooling over the thought of it now.) Last night, inspired by this recipe, I tossed cauliflower, broccoli, turnips, butternut squash and yams with some olive oil, salt (be generous), pepper, herbs de provence and a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Roast in hot oven (450 degrees or so) for 30-45 minutes or until golden and caramelized. Yummmm.
If you can stop yourself from eating all of the vegetables right after you pull them from the oven, boil a little pasta. Toss roasted veg, cooked pasta and goat cheese together. Put in casserole dish, sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Broil til golden.
Do it tonight. You won't be sorry, I promise.
1.22.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OMG! We are a little short on veggies at the moment or I would start making this right now! You can be sure it is on the menu this weekend. I have always been a bit intimidated to roast veggies and have done no more than plain tomatoes, I am so excited to venture out now! Thanks for the inspiration!
i'm inspired! but, i think i may drop the turnips - i've never met one i like...
YUM!!!
Oh, people. It really is yummers. Onions, potatoes and asparagus are always good, too. Really, whatever veg you've got laying around. I wanted to try cloves of garlic still in their skin last night, but I forgot to. Then you can squeeze out the roasted garlic--would be good added to pasta.
Post a Comment